• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Hyuga says
revaxarts said
If you withdraw your money on the last day of the month you have to wait 15 days (+bank transaction)

in many jobs you get the money on the 15th of the following month. so nothing unusual here.

If you not satisfied quit the job and look for an other employer!

In these 15 days I will have more sales (15 days is half of month). If I work this month, why I will be paid next month? When I registered here, I was happy, but now, I changed my mind. I want my money what I have now and I will go out from here. I always say one thing, respect me if you want respect from me. But as I can see here, they get the money from our work, they use these money when they want, but they don’t listen what we want, so, if they ignoring us, where is our respect?

3686 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says
Hyuga said
where is our respect?

Envato is a commercial business. They make decisions based on a commercial strategy. If that includes listening to authors, that’s great. If that means making a decision that is in their own favour instead of the authors’, I see no reason why they should hesitate.

Why are there still authors around here, then? Simple – there’s money to be made.

184 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
maxvarlson says
Hyuga said
For example I really need my money this month (for my father, is sick), I have more than 1000$ but I can’t receive my money and I can’t help my father, because I have to wait until 15 November. That’s not fair :(

That are the rules. The are hard sometimes but the whole business is hard. And one month isn’t that long. There are clients that keep you waiting for much longer. Maybe you can ask Envato to make an exception of your case.

1799 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
BroOf says
Joost said
Hyuga said
where is our respect?

Envato is a commercial business. They make decisions based on a commercial strategy. If that includes listening to authors, that’s great. If that means making a decision that is in their own favour instead of the authors’, I see no reason why they should hesitate.

Why are there still authors around here, then? Simple – there’s money to be made.

+1

Envato takes good care of their authors. Permanently employed people get their money on fixed dates, too. I think Envato earns some extra cash with money market accounts but that’s no evil thing.

There are a lot of things behind the scene we don’t know but what I know is that Envato always pays on time.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Be patient.

20 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Hyuga says
BroOf said
Joost said
Hyuga said
where is our respect?

+1

Envato takes good care of their authors. Permanently employed people get their money on fixed dates, too. I think Envato earns some extra cash with money market accounts but that’s no evil thing.

There are a lot of things behind the scene we don’t know but what I know is that Envato always pays on time.

We work here, we help our customers and envato receive our money and pay us after more than 1 month, but not all money, just a part, because between end of the month and 15th of the next month, we collect more money and we have to wait again, more than 1 month. I’m done here, good luck boys!

203 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Egypt
Morad says
Hyuga said
I really don’t understand what is so hard to send payments fastest, because when somebody buy something from here, Envato will receive money instantly, they don’t have to wait, so what is so hard to respect and send money for our work more fastest.

I absolutely hope that!

1407 posts
  • Europe
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
Stylius says

@Hyuga I’m sorry about your father.

Actually it is not such a big deal, we are still payed once at month, the only difference is that it’s not 1st day but 15th of the month.

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

My guess is that Envato benefits from using a monthly payroll cycle, mainly due to the concept of the time-value of money. They have a larger sum of operating cash and it is more stable and easy to make business decisions when you know exactly how long you will have that cash and if you have access to it for longer periods of time. Of course, they could listen to their “employees” (authors) and at least meet them half-way with the idea of a bi-monthly cycle. But this is still a big business decision and likely will take some serious planning that could result in some company valuation losses if not planned properly. I would guess that at some point however, Envato will implement a bi-monthly pay plan.

- guitarjock

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says
guitarjock said
My guess is that Envato benefits from using a monthly payroll cycle, mainly due to the concept of the time-value of money. They have a larger sum of operating cash and it is more stable and easy to make business decisions when you know exactly how long you will have that cash and if have access to it for longer periods of time. Of course, they could listen to their “employees” (authors) and at least meet them half-way with the idea of a bi-monthly cycle. But this is still a big business decision and likely will take some serious planning that could result in some company valuation losses if not planned properly. I would guess that at some point however, Envato will implement a bi-monthly pay plan. - guitarjock

Furthermore, it is good for the company (in a business sense) to collect payments from those who owe them money as fast as they can, and pay out money they owe to people like suppliers (which is probably a better example of what authors are) as slowly as possible, without upsetting them.

A monthly plan probably works best for a large company. Bi-monthly is pretty do-able as well, but don’t expect weekly or daily. It is simply more difficult to manage and for a large company can be an inefficient way of doing business and also be cost prohibitive to implement depending on the companies current capital structure.

by
by
by
by
by
by