3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Hello creative people! I hope you all are doing awesome…

I have a suggestion of a possible specialized item for photographers that may sell very well. I’m saying this because I’m a photographer myself and also do web design mostly for photographers.

I’ve been looking for a script, template that works as a image stock site. I’ve found a couple of interesting items in TF and also here, but all of them are not targeting the photography industry which I think is really looking up to Envato for web development solutions. Again, I’m saying this as I work in the photography industry also.

I spent one week testing different scripts but all of them lack something the other script has. Let me explain the scenario:

1. Photographer does a job for a client.

2. Client wants to buy prints from photographer.

3. Client ask photographer which has no idea how to do it. Photographer works mostly with Lightroom / Aperture (a photo image editing software)

4. Photographer sells prints in different sizes (4×6, 8×10, 11×17, etc)

5. Photographer will upload images through ftp or some desktop uploader (in an easy way) and script should generate a gallery containing those pictures.

6. the gallery should be password protected or client must register to see their gallery. You want your clients to have access only to their pictures.

7. Gallery integrates a shopping cart, with the option to select photo printing size.

8. Gallery / photo shop should work with most common payment gateways like paypal, etc.

9. Client access the gallery and order the prints he/she wants. Photographer receives order and process the order, once the payment is confirm, etc. Client recevies notification of the printing order with a receipt of payment.

10. Photographer has access to an admin panel / dashboard where he can upload / delete / edit images, add users (clients) and assign passwords to them.

11. A bunch of photographers are using flash websites, but this script works as a side link to the main website, so html, or even a wp pluging will work nicely.

Some of the scripts I tested may do the job if the author do some tweaks and submits a new item for sale in the marketplace, specifically targeting photographers

You can promote this item on websites like phototuts.net and other photography websites through alliances, etc.

After a lot of research, I found a php script this company is selling as an extension for Lightroom for a couple of bucks. It was very hard to find this company, so again, this script may sell very well here. If you need the link to that script (to check it out) or any author is interested in developing something like this and need more feedback, just send me an email to dr[at]inventusmediagroup.com

have an awesome day!

186 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
Artillegence says

nice idea Daniel, I have planned something similar to this to launch next month or so… with istockphoto like image watermark system , custom size and a backend .. :) .. points noted

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

nice idea Daniel, I have planned something similar to this to launch next month or so… with istockphoto like image watermark system , custom size and a backend .. :) .. points noted

awesome kid! I’m really looking forward to your item. The simple the script, the better. You can tweak or have different versions of your script also, and give your customers here different scenarios on how it works for different purposes.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
tilnox says

same problem here! i’m a event photographer, mostly weddings. i use lightroom to edit 500+ and to show i use lightroom templates.. how do clients order? they type.. yeh.. sad. i’m also in search something that helps me sell, but simple and elegant templates for lightroom are hard to find.. pid or for free.. i use slide show pro and slide show pro director… beautiful, easy perfect.. until i needed to sell! no selling option, no private galleries.. and no perspective to do so. the search continues: i’ve found this non flash http://www.lightroomgalleries.com/gallerysamples/LRGOne/ it uses paypal and a dropdow menu with different sizes and prices are easy to edit, but there’s no navigation! its an ok template for 10 photos but 100..

but that have they a flash version http://www.lightroomgalleries.com/gallerysamples/LRGFlashSlideStripPayPal/ the one in the site is not working, but it works! (i make a menu with the event timelime and use frames to help the client navigate better) BUT its not elegant. and i’m still searching..

5490 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Get your skates on :)

by
by
by
by
by
by