• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Hey creative nation! how are you all? I hope you are doing awesome.

Recently I started a thread here asking about voice over services. I have 2 suggestions for this great AJ community, coming from a buyer:

1. Authors should list additional services to customers on their profile pages. Not sure if this is allow due to the nature of being exclusive author, I think Scott or somebody else can elaborate more on this.

Why? You can sell music here and increasing your profit for the exposure to potential customers needing voice overs, music production for tv, custom projects, even full vocal songs. It was when Tim Morris uploaded music specifically for tv with vocals that it came my thought “hey, I’m often looking for voice overs or custom music, I should ask AJ authors”

So probably more customers are looking for something similar and you are losing some extra money. I posted a thread here and got a lot of emails with awesome authors doing such things. It works for me because I build a network of contacts that can use for future projects.

2. This suggestion is prob for the devs, but being able to download a watermark preview of a file to give it a try on my actual project would be awesome. If you are a little experience in the internet like me, a user can download the preview and voila! but I’m sure most customers are not (no offense). Previews are a great way also to stimulate sales in an indirect way.

Hope this helps!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

(I’m posting this as a comment, so Mods can flag or remove this as it may suggest things to people reading the forums)

Last, this is a warning. I will post a similar thread in Videohive. I encountered this problem 3 days ago when I was working on a VH project and was waiting for the music file (from the author) and he was taking so long.

I won’t go in details (as people may start doing the same) but let’s say a videohive author wants to use an AJ file for his file. I’ve found that sometimes they will purchase the song from here and use it in their previews without the watermark.

Using this method, any experience internet user can download the song without purchasing the file. I’m not sure if this is written on the VH wiki (what files to use and not), but maybe Scottwills can give this a check with Mark from VH.

Again, sorry if it was better to email this instead (which I’m doing right now), but guys be careful. You don’t want to lose money, I think..lol

Have a good day!

1044 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Hey Daniel

You can download a wateredmark audio preview from the actual aj player, did you know that ?

Check this capture, the little arrow…

http://yfrog.com/jplcop

Hope it helps…

By the way, if you need music for your projects and you like my work you can always contact me :)

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Hey Daniel

You can download a wateredmark audio preview from the actual aj player, did you know that ?

Hope it helps…

By the way, if you need music for your projects and you like my work you can always contact me :)

Yeah Rodrigo, thanks for that. I know that, that’s what I do but think about those users who dont know. I didnt write it, but having a bottom with the “download a preview” will be a great thing.

Thanks man, I’ll put you on my network list. Have an awesome day.

1044 posts
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Hey Daniel

Hope it helps…

Yeah Rodrigo, thanks for that. I know that, that’s what I do but think about those users who dont know. I didnt write it, but having a bottom with the “download a preview” will be a great thing.

Thanks man, I’ll put you on my network list. Have an awesome day.

You’re right about that, even maybe a tooltip that popups will be helpful, so I agree….and thanks about consider my work for your projects :)

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

no problem, Rodrigo, did you get my email about the spanish thread I’ve started a while ago?

sorry guys, I didnt elaborate a little more about that warning. If you download a preview with the original file (without the watermark) from VH, the dev’s did an amazing job since the file can be render or export to an audio file. I was trying to do that the other day as this VH author was taking so long with the audio file and I was on a rush. This is not the main issue.

The issue comes with VH authors posting HD preview on Youtube or Vimeo. You can picture the issue now.

688 posts
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
robGD Volunteer moderator says

Good idea, Daniel. Think I’ll put something about voice over work on my profile page.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Good idea, Daniel. Think I’ll put something about voice over work on my profile page.

no problem Rob! I’ll have you on my network list too… ;)

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1041 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

Thanks for those helpful suggestions, Daniel :-)

Have a good day!

Cheers,

Ulf

1044 posts
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

no problem, Rodrigo, did you get my email about the spanish thread I’ve started a while ago?

No i didn’t, can you re send it ?

by
by
by
by
by
by