529 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

When you submit an item without performing QA you will probably get your item soft rejected and will receive a feedback with a list of elements to be fixed/improved

if you perform a proper diligence/QA before submitting the theme you can probably get it approved on the first shot, which means less work to be done by the reviewer

SO, my point is:

wouldn’t it be fair to receive a 70% rate for themes that are approved on the first shot, this would be a kind of bonus for non-Elite Authors and will faciliate the reviewer’s workflow

Looking forward to receive your feedback… Cheers

UOU Apps

27 posts
  • Located in Egypt
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BlackHorseWeb says

Nice idea but I think 70% too much and envato wouldn’t approve this

147 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

All good (I don’t said best) theme have reviewed from 1 step. For example we have problems only with our first theme, when we don’t know so much about Themeforest. All our next themes approved from first run and this does not mean that this something special. Even our FIRST theme for WordPress platform (with it strong new rules) was approved from 1st attempt. We just follow all TF rules and this work.

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

All good (I don’t said best) theme have reviewed from 1 step. For example we have problems only with our first theme, when we don’t know so much about Themeforest. All our next themes approved from first run and this does not mean that this something special. Even our FIRST theme for WordPress platform (with it strong new rules) was approved from 1st attempt. We just follow all TF rules and this work.

exactely that’s the point, you make an effort in following TF reqs, while other authors outsource their QA to the reviewer, so their should be a compensation for those who invest in QA before submitting the item

89 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

Is it common that non-Elite authors (authors getting less than 70%) get approved on the first attempt? I didn’t even know this was all that common among Elite authors, much less non-Elite authors.

377 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Only happened to me once and it was a complete shocker :shocked:

815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Is it common that non-Elite authors (authors getting less than 70%) get approved on the first attempt? I didn’t even know this was all that common among Elite authors, much less non-Elite authors.

I think that depends per-item; I’m not elite author but most of my items were approved on the 1st attempt.

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

that’s not a debate between elite or non-elite (it’s simply about getting a compensation for respecting the reviewer’s work) Elite authors could get a 100% rate for 1 week for example.

All what I’m saying is that if an author invests in QA then Envato should compensate that author that’s all

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

You should be already doing your due diligence before submitting, doesn’t make sense to reward authors for something they have to do in the first place.

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

You should be already doing your due diligence before submitting, doesn’t make sense to reward authors for something they have to do in the first place.

Guys that’s exactely my point, you have to do the diligence, but not everyone does that diligence but they still get a detailed feedback from the reviewers who usually make a detailed list and screenshots of the areas that require changes, modifds and improvements

anyway this thread is not going anywhere so let’s end it up here Cheers & thanks for your feedback

by
by
by
by
by
by