89 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

that’s not a debate between elite or non-elite (it’s simply about getting a compensation for respecting the reviewer’s work) Elite authors could get a 100% rate for 1 week for example. All what I’m saying is that if an author invests in QA then Envato should compensate that author that’s all

I only brought up the elite vs. non-elite since your proposal wouldn’t affect elite authors and I wasn’t aware that it was all that common that non-elite authors actually get accepted on the first try, especially on Themeforest.

I’ve gotta agree with contempoinc, though. I don’t see this as something reward-worthy since it’s something that is expected. I think the reward lies in creating a great product people want to buy.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Is this for real? You want to get rewarded for doing what you’re supposed to do!? Who wants a badge for getting up in the morning – how about $5 for brushing your teeth….

154 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

Is this for real? You want to get rewarded for doing what you’re supposed to do!? Who wants a badge for getting up in the morning – how about $5 for brushing your teeth….

As subtle as always but… +1

510 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

shall i retranslate again and again what the point is because you don’t seem to get it:

poor QA = more work for the reviewer
proper QA = less work for the reviewer

as far as Envato takes up to 50% commission, I don’t see why someone who has performed a poor QA can receive the same benefits as someone who has performed a proper QA and gets the “priviledge” of outsourcing his/her QA to the reviewer.

just in case you still didn’t get it, if Envato would strenghen or compensate QA then this would encourage authors to pay more attention to details = optimizing the workflow of reviewers = accelerating the approval process

so please don’t worry about brushing my teeth :) just try to understand how to improve the informational system over here because I’ve been waiting now for more than 3 days to get my new items approved like many others over here

1268 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I’ve been waiting now for more than 3 days to get my new items approved like many others over here

Kailoon is on holiday, poor Ivor is all by himself reviewing, and it’s just been the weekend, have some patience, all items get reviewed eventually :)

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

No need to translate – got it first time, you want to give a bonus to people for doing what they should be doing. You said:

“as far as Envato takes up to 50% commission, I don’t see why someone who has performed a poor QA can receive the same benefits as someone who has performed a proper QA and gets the “privilege” of outsourcing his/her QA to the reviewer.”

You’re contradicting your point here. You are first saying those that do things correct should get a bonus, in this statement you are saying those that don’t shouldn’t get the SAME benefit (percentage). Which is it?

As an author who works hard to get your item accepted (regardless to the number of times it may be rejected) you are rewarded for this hard work with sales – the more sales you get the higher your earning potential – I think the system is perfect in that sense.

Waiting 3 days for a review is not uncommon and this has been like this since the beginning – sometimes it’s faster, sometimes it’s slower – you realize that one reviewer is currently on vacation right – hence the slightly longer period?

Just want to clarify that I’m not here trying to argue with you – I just don’t agree with your point.

Jonathan

510 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

I’ve been waiting now for more than 3 days to get my new items approved like many others over here
Kailoon is on holiday, poor Ivor is all by himself reviewing, and it’s just been the weekend, have some patience, all items get reviewed eventually :)

Hi Tommus, thanks for dropping a line, the main issue is not the delay, I’m simply proposing a solution that would optimize the reviewing process via encouraging authors to perform better QA that’s all, I think any reviewer would agree with that

but the big surprise here is that I didn’t know that Themeforest relies on only 2 reviewers, this can’t be possible, we’re talking about the leading digital goods marketplace here…

3431 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

You should be already doing your due diligence before submitting, doesn’t make sense to reward authors for something they have to do in the first place.

Exactly. Sorry, but this idea is silly in my opinion. Jonathan pretty much said it all.

Now, if you’re concerned about authors who use the review process as a troubleshooting system taking up valuable resources (the reviewers’ time), there might be a case to be made for diverting repeat offenders to a secondary queue so that they don’t clog up the main queue (only for repeat offenders seriously abusing the system). But you give traffic tickets to people who are speeding; you don’t give rewards to those who follow the speed limit.

but the big surprise here is that I didn’t know that Themeforest relies on only 2 reviewers, this can’t be possible, we’re talking about the leading digital goods marketplace here…

There are different reviewers assigned to different types of items, of course. These are WordPress reviewers.

510 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

You should be already doing your due diligence before submitting, doesn’t make sense to reward authors for something they have to do in the first place.

Exactly. Sorry, but this idea is silly in my opinion. Jonathan pretty much said it all.

Now, if you’re concerned about authors who use the review process as a troubleshooting system taking up valuable resources (the reviewers’ time), there might be a case to be made for diverting repeat offenders to a secondary queue so that they don’t clog up the main queue (only for repeat offenders seriously abusing the system). But you give traffic tickets to people who are speeding; you don’t give rewards to those who follow the speed limit.

There are different reviewers assigned to different types of items, of course. These are WordPress reviewers.

Even though this is only a thread, I find most of you quite arrogant when you share your opinions, from ”$5 to brush your teeth”, “silly”, guys maybe you could learn to write with proper manners this would already be a good start.

I’m not expecting from you to agree with me especially that this request goes towards the reviewers and targets 2 type of authors those who perform proper QA and those who expect from the reviewer to be their QA.

at the end it’s about optimizing the reviewer’s workflow via a compensation system for proper QA OR a penalizing process for poor QA

ask any reviewer if this process would make sense and you’ll see the symmetry between my “silly” opinion and the reality of the business

you guys sometimes need to put yourself in the reviewer’s skin not yours in order to have a better perspective of the situation

in any case thanks for sharing your opinion and as far as I’m concerned i’m done with this thread (hopefuly no one replies anymore)

3431 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

You asked for opinions. Overwhelmingly, just about everyone thought it didn’t make any sense to reward authors for something they should be doing in the first place. Sorry if you’re upset that people didn’t agree with you. If everyone who thought the idea was silly didn’t say anything, you’d hardly get a representative response.

Sorry if you were offended by my use of the term “silly” – but that was the nicest way I could find to express that opinion. It was not meant as an insult to you personally.

by
by
by
by
by
by