529 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

You asked for opinions. Overwhelmingly, just about everyone thought it didn’t make any sense to reward authors for something they should be doing in the first place. Sorry if you’re upset that people didn’t agree with you. If everyone who thought the idea was silly didn’t say anything, you’d hardly get a representative response. Sorry if you were offended by my use of the term “silly” – but that was the nicest way I could find to express that opinion. It was not meant as an insult to you personally.

I respect & accept divergence of opinions, I only get upset when someone is arrogant or rude, I was trying to teach you proper manners but you don’t seem to want to listen,

you’re not a reviewer and your opinion is good to know but not valuable in terms of credibility.

89 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

Is the issue about easing the workload on the reviewers? If so, then that can and will be done by hiring more reviewers.

Is it about giving non-elite authors an opportunity to earn the 70% commission? If so, then you can do so by creating good products that will eventually earn you a permanent 70% commission.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

You asked for opinions. Overwhelmingly, just about everyone thought it didn’t make any sense to reward authors for something they should be doing in the first place. Sorry if you’re upset that people didn’t agree with you. If everyone who thought the idea was silly didn’t say anything, you’d hardly get a representative response. Sorry if you were offended by my use of the term “silly” – but that was the nicest way I could find to express that opinion. It was not meant as an insult to you personally.

I respect & accept divergence of opinions, I only get upset when someone is arrogant or rude, I was trying to teach you proper manners but you don’t seem to want to listen,

you’re not a reviewer and your opinion is good to know but not valuable in terms of credibility.

Their credibility lies in their experiences on the marketplaces. You, on the other hand, still need to earn credibility by creating good products rather than trying to teach a moderator “proper manners” when all they, along with the others who responded, did is disagree with your ludicrous idea.

604 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Based on the constant “got hard rejected, what did I do wrong?” threads I don’t think anyone is successfully outsourcing QA to reviewers. Reviewers likely spend very little time rejecting items and rarely provide personalized feedback from what I’ve heard in sob threads. You can tell instantly if a theme lacks the necessary polish (although wannabe authors surprisingly never see it). It’s not like reviewers are spending hours to help you get approved. That’s not their job. You either have it or you don’t. That’s what hard rejects are.

368 posts Design Innovation
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

Based on the constant “got hard rejected, what did I do wrong?” threads I don’t think anyone is successfully outsourcing QA to reviewers. Reviewers likely spend very little time rejecting items and rarely provide personalized feedback from what I’ve heard in sob threads. You can tell instantly if a theme lacks the necessary polish (although wannabe authors surprisingly never see it). It’s not like reviewers are spending hours to help you get approved. That’s not their job. You either have it or you don’t. That’s what hard rejects are.

100% true

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

Their credibility lies in their experiences on the marketplaces. You, on the other hand, still need to earn credibility by creating good products rather than trying to teach a moderator “proper manners” when all they, along with the others who responded, did is disagree with your ludicrous idea.

First of all sevenspark doesn’t need a baby sitter, he’s good enough to give his own replies, on the other hand who are you to judge whether a product is good or bad or if we require more credibility ? sevenspark has been here since 2010, we’ve been here for less than 5 month and we already have sold over 1000 copies and created innovated WP apps (e.g. directories, crowdfunding, job portals, multimedia) so it’s not because you’re an elite author that you get more credits or credibility.

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

^ wow :D

Somebody lock this thread as it’s clearly starting to get off topic and on personal attacks.

While for the initial idea, a BIG -1 from me. It doesn’t have absolutely any sense..

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

i think it also depends on the theme/project, some projects are more pixel-perfect oriented so maybe the back-end is very solid but there are some flaws on the front-end when it comes to responsiveness. for the first projects we submitted we really receive in-depth feedback from the reviewer with screenshots on angles that had some flows or even sometimes fonts that were different.

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

@uouapps – just do your job as best as you can and go to Elite as all of us went there. Create best sellers and you will reach 70%. There are no shortcuts. Some of us started from 25% five years ago not 50% like you .. it’s still awesome what you have today ;)

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

@uouapps – just do your job as best as you can and go to Elite as all of us went there. Create best sellers and you will reach 70%.

we’re on it Ruben :) thanks for dropping a line Cheers UOU Apps

by
by
by
by
by
by