60 posts High Quality Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
HighThemes says

How do you think about adding a section on item’s page where people can add their websites there. It will be a small showcase gallery for each item.

What’s your idea?

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

I’ve noticed some authors doing this already in their item’s descriptions. Not sure if this is allowed, but I have seen authors putting things like “Like this design? See more of our work at our website blah blah.”

1734 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says
I’ve noticed some authors doing this already in their item’s descriptions. Not sure if this is allowed, but I have seen authors putting things like “Like this design? See more of our work at our website blah blah.”

I think what highthemes means is to have a list of working websites, built with the bought template.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says
I think what highthemes means is to have a list of working websites, built with the bought template.

Ohh yeah that would make more sense :-)

So… in response to that… I’ve actually wondered if it gives buyers a negative impression to actually be shown several places on the Internet where the theme is being used. I realize buyers know that they are buying a template and all, but it almost seems kind of a slap to see it being used several places. An out of sight, out of mind kind of thing when buying a template?

814 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
rvision_ says

So… in response to that… I’ve actually wondered if it gives buyers a negative impression to actually be shown several places on the Internet where the theme is being used. I realize buyers know that they are buying a template and all, but it almost seems kind of a slap to see it being used several places. An out of sight, out of mind kind of thing when buying a template?

Huh, I’ve seen some of my templates being used… maybe better word is ‘abused’ :) so I don’t know if this is a good idea.

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

Huh, I’ve seen some of my templates being used… maybe better word is ‘abused’ :) so I don’t know if this is a good idea.

I don’t want a showcase of my template in action, I’ve seen them via Analytics and most of them aren’t pretty. It’s best they just see the live demo that I control how it looks and works.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
I don’t want a showcase of my template in action, I’ve seen them via Analytics and most of them aren’t pretty. It’s best they just see the live demo that I control how it looks and works.

LOL – so true in lots of cases. I’ve had a few killer redesigns of my themes ( check out http://www.fortysixtyphoto.com/ and http://thebeard.net/blog/ ), but for the most part this seems dangerous. Maybe if we could approve the showcase before it appears publicly??

As far as new features go, I’d way way rather see the collaborative product system or a search-able discussion board first.

674 posts
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
+7 more
cudazi Staff says

LOL – so true in lots of cases. I’ve had a few killer redesigns of my themes ( check out http://www.fortysixtyphoto.com/ and http://thebeard.net/blog/ ), but for the most part this seems dangerous. Maybe if we could approve the showcase before it appears publicly??

As far as new features go, I’d way way rather see the collaborative product system or a search-able discussion board first.

I wouldn’t post live links but screenshots to have more control just in case they switch themes, post something bad, etc…

BTW , Brandon… LOVE the beard blog using your theme, awesome.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

@cudazi – good point, these forums posts are relatively short-lived though and the likelihood of them swapping themes shortly after a major launch is, well, unlikely. I’ll eat my words if one of them decided to randomly switch to the Kubrick theme though :) hah!

674 posts
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
+7 more
cudazi Staff says
@cudazi – good point, these forums posts are relatively short-lived though and the likelihood of them swapping themes shortly after a major launch is, well, unlikely. I’ll eat my words if one of them decided to randomly switch to the Kubrick theme though :) hah!

What’s wrong with Kubrick?!? I keep submitting it for sale but Kailoon keeps rejecting it. :)

I always love when clients shoot me an email of a live site using my theme and it’s much cooler or more important than anything I’d build. I’d be for adding a screenshot with their permission in a gallery to help give other buyers ideas of types of sites they can be molded into.

by
by
by
by
by
by