1 post
  • Belgium
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
euphonyweb says

Wouldnt it be nice if u download a preview of a sound or song on audiojungle that the filename would include the songname. I use the previews in filmprojects and when its all done and the audio is approved by my client i buy the song and replace it. But then u realise. Darn I forgot the name of the song and the filename is just named preview :) .

So ofc I can rename it just after the download but I bet it happens to the most of us using the previews before buying. :)

326 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
TimOstanin says

Totally agree!

Nice thread :)

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
PatrickAThompson says

Yikes! I’ve never downloaded a preview – but I would have thought this would be a given.

This is definitely worth looking into.

Even if the end client doesn’t use the track for his project, those previews (most likely) will stay on his computer – possibly waiting to be tried elsewhere. How frustrating it must be to wade through all those files, having no clue what they are! Let’s make it easy for buyers to find our music! :)

834 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

+1. I suggested/requested this about 6 months ago, as we see time and time again users not recalling which preview song they had downloaded. 1 hour of work and this feature could be implemented.

290 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

Agreed, this has always been silly and easily remedied, both by Envato as well as Authors themselves.

A CALL TO AUTHORS: Always TAG your MP3 preview files, it’s good practice and helpful to buyers. This way, even though the file may be named “preview”, all of your artist and song title info will be available to buyers who accidentally misplace your item details.

You can tag your MP3s using iTunes, or a slew of other ID3 editing tools out there (I personally use and recommend pa-software’s simply named “ID3 Editor” – nice features make tagging a 2 second process).

FOR BUYERS: If you’re using AJ Radio to help you browse for music, using the download button/link on the player will download the preview file AUTOMATICALLY RENAMED for efficiency and improved organization. You can search for tracks and browse portfolios on the AJ Radio site, or use the AJ Radio Bookmarklet to pop open the player (and all it’s features) directly on Audiojungle.

@euphonyweb feel free to let me know if you have any questions about AJ Radio

131 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Taiwan
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
buddhabeats says

Yeah, I’ve been in that situation as well. I found about 10 tracks from all over the net to send to a customer. They chose two tracks that could work. One of them had little in identification. Oops! My bad…kinda. Anyhow, the other one was well labeled. It won. :P

by
by
by
by
by
by