1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • India
jaybabani says

Hello,

Today at Envato probably the most hurting fact is that a developer/author/designer uploads an item for review and it gets rejected. An author might have given in countless hours in development and it gets rejected. The reasons given in rejection are sometimes vague (not specifically to the point). Consequently, the author gives up the further development and moves to the next project. It hurts and is potential enough that Envato might lose that author from further developing on marketplace. It is demoralizing for all the members at Envato community.

Here is a suggestion, that i think Envato should adopt to atleast give the clarity to the rejection and also mention the points of improvement in a different way (rather than a small email from a reviewer).

Suggestion:

- All the items that come for review should be kept on server (Both hard and soft rejected items).

- Each rejected item (hard or soft rejected) should be given a RATING OUT OF 10 based on the review and various criteria of approval. Eg: Uniqueness, coding standards, design quality etc. criteria.

- The reviewer should mention the reasons of rejection and WHAT should be done by the author to IMPROVE its RATING and get APPROVED. Better if few examples are mentioned by the reviewer to give further clarity.

- Hard rejection, soft rejection and approved STATUS are all based on this rating given by the reviewer. For instance: 6/10 rating – Hard rejected, 8 / 10 rating is Soft rejected, 10/10 is Approved.

- Everytime an update is uploaded by the author, it is reviewed again and this RATING is UPDATED to let the author know what still needs to be done on the item to get it approved.

The objective of this method is to give a clarity to the author for their countless hours (months) of real hardwork. Also improving the STANDARDS of author.

This method can be again discussed and futher improved. Suggestions are welcome.

Thank You

1225 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Demorfoza says

It’s always a never-ending discussion on rejection reasons.

I can’t aggree with you on point rating system. It would be more or less the same as it is now – if any work deserves to be rejected, it will be. Then there’s another issue. Despite the fact it might sound a bit harsh – reviewers are not here to teach you. Asking about hints and guidance on improvement again and again will only lead to meet Envato standards, not improving your skills. These people are overwhelmed with their job and they probably would provide additional comments if they only could. For now Envato dealt with excessive review time, I can’t imagine how many months we’d have to wait for items to be reviewed if every reviewer has to think and explain everything.

There are always other ways to receive feedback. If your work is good, it will be accepted no matter what.

3724 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

I can’t aggree with you on point rating system. It would be more or less the same as it is now – if any work deserves to be rejected, it will be. Then there’s another issue. Despite the fact it might sound a bit harsh – reviewers are not here to teach you. Asking about hints and guidance on improvement again and again will only lead to meet Envato standards, not improving your skills. These people are overwhelmed with their job and they probably would provide additional comments if they only could. For now Envato dealt with excessive review time, I can’t imagine how many months we’d have to wait for items to be reviewed if every reviewer has to think and explain everything.

There are always other ways to receive feedback. If your work is good, it will be accepted no matter what.

+1 could not agree more or have put it better. You only have to look in item discussion to see the weak items being submitted that are miles off the standard and whose authors simply do not understand why.

I am not against anyone becoming an author and as a team we spend a lot of time on here trying to help people to get approved and learn.

That said this is not the responsibility of envato or anyone but the author and any process like the suggested here (and the hundreds of other ideas) would only serve to slow down the review process, and long term with damage the whole marketplace.

At the end of it all if someone can only be accepted by being given working examples and feedback on their review then even after getting their first file submitted they are unlikely to be in a position to go it alone next time and the whole tutoring process will have to start again.

504 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

Your suggestions can definitely help starting authors to not give up after rejection, BUT looking at how many items gets approved during an average week and how long it takes to review an item (recently), I see that there are LOT of submissions every day. Envato just don’t have a reason to “teach” new authors how to do great items. If you get rejected and just don’t have a will to learn and try again (and again and again…) that’s just your problem and not Envato’s, because there are still plenty of authors who have skills to create good enough items. I totally understand how frustrating this is from the rejected author point of view, but such author just need to work harder.

If I am getting out of breath in 20min run, I won’t be trying to run Marathon.

498 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
theAlThemist says

+1. Absolutely right and complete.

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

While I understand where you are coming from, you have to understand that AudioJungle is and should not be an educational institute, and that the reviewers are exactly that: reviewers, not teachers. While AudioJungle’s main purpose is to facilitate a marketplace, I think AudioJungle, as a whole, facilitates many possibilities that also enable you to learn about things. For starters there are the forums, including a section for >Item Discussion<. Alternatively, some of the AudioJungle-members have taken the initiative to start external groups from which AudioJungle-members could become a member to discuss things like items, production techniques, marketing strategies, etc. All in all, the learning is your own responsbility. That includes looking for information and asking questions.

One thing, I believe, that sets AudioJungle apart from other stock-libraries, is the extras it has to offer, like guides, the quite active forum and the generally helpful, and diverse community. If you run into problems, or don’t understand something, you’re most welcome to use the forums. You can rest assured, that if you’re polite and put your question clearly, that you’ll be helped by other members and sometimes even reviewers.

1327 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
IngeniousArtist says

+999999999

212 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
Madalincmc says

I totally agree with that. With the current flow of never ending submission the reviewers are overflown with files to be checked. But I still think envato should do something about it. Maybe adding more standard messages to reject items (not only the one with “your item does not meet our quality standards”) so the author could get a sense about what is wrong with his file. You know… make that rejection more meaningful.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
UnicornMedia says

I totally agree with that. With the current flow of never ending submission the reviewers are overflown with files to be checked. But I still think envato should do something about it. Maybe adding more standard messages to reject items (not only the one with “your item does not meet our quality standards”) so the author could get a sense about what is wrong with his file. You know… make that rejection more meaningful.

+1

90 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
HelloCharlie says

+10

by
by
by
by
by
by