397 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
drsankarl says

Just Keep searching in the forums and there are answers to all kind of rejection messages and also how the review process works to submission tips. this place is either for talented people or people who work hard and have great endurance. Its not a place for people wanting to make a quick buck.
And personally, with all those vague messages, I have improved my coding standards, structuring HTML, creating a clear CSS file, properly making a documentation, taking copyrighted images seriously and the list goes on. but the best thing is improving my design skills.

43 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belgium
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
rakinjakk says

I totally agree with that. With the current flow of never ending submission the reviewers are overflown with files to be checked. But I still think envato should do something about it. Maybe adding more standard messages to reject items (not only the one with “your item does not meet our quality standards”) so the author could get a sense about what is wrong with his file. You know… make that rejection more meaningful.

*Devil’s advocate incoming
If employees are overflown with work, is that something we should be worrying about? I’m inclined to think that this is a non-argument when we’re talking about a company running a healthy annual profit so that’s something they should address and not something that should be used as an excuse. Too much work? Hire more people. Improve the process.

Btw: the current review system is fine to me and I don’t mind waiting.

1148 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

If employees are overflown with work, is that something we should be worrying about? I’m inclined to think that this is a non-argument when we’re talking about a company running a healthy annual profit so that’s something they should address and not something that should be used as an excuse. Too much work? Hire more people. Improve the process.

I actually sent an email to Envato inquiring about the two jobs they currently have posted (CodeCanyon and ThemeForest reviewers), and I haven’t gotten a response yet. It appears they are too busy to even hire new reviewers.

A question to people out there who want more detailed feedback (more than the generic response from reviewers, and more private than posting in item feedback): would you pay for this if someone offered it as a service? If so, how much?

212 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Romania
Madalincmc says

given the harshness of the review process, i would expect almost guaranteed sales for the accepted items. i would be more satisfied if instead of a motiv i would be guaranteed more sales for those thoroughly reviewd accepted items…and of course a better distribution of sales between all members, not 10 top authors with 1000 sales per month and 100000 others with just 5-10 sales
I disagree… The amount of sales you get is only your responsibility. The reviewers cant guarantee you sales… only you by creating a high quality item and getting exposure to your items. Also those 10 authors you are talking about (there are more then 10 actually..) are making great efforts to achieve those sales.
1227 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Demorfoza says

given the harshness of the review process, i would expect almost guaranteed sales for the accepted items. i would be more satisfied if instead of a motiv i would be guaranteed more sales for those thoroughly reviewd accepted items…and of course a better distribution of sales between all members, not 10 top authors with 1000 sales per month and 100000 others with just 5-10 sales
I disagree… The amount of sales you get is only your responsibility. The reviewers cant guarantee you sales… only you by creating a high quality item and getting exposure to your items. Also those 10 authors you are talking about (there are more then 10 actually..) are making great efforts to achieve those sales.
i have so many arguments contrary to what you said that i wownt even begin telling them…. so i stop here.

Madalincmc is actually right. You can’t expect Envato taking care of your items all the time. If there were no “harshness of the review process”, there would be 10, 20 or even 50 times more items, at least. How would this place look like then?

It’s a marketplace. You’re here to sell your work, not for being lead by the hand. This place is giving you an opportunity to run your own profile/shop, but it’s you who’s responsible to show your products to the world. And for mutual good Envato reviews our works, this way they are keeping their own image at decent level and thus make you look more professional.

212 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

Great thread, would read again, 10/10.

Except one thing. One reviewer or two versus hundreds of items weekly. They’ll reach the second coming of Jesus if they did that to each of the items.

Damn it, guess you didn’t think of that, did you? :)

1227 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Demorfoza says

i have so many arguments contrary to what you said that i wownt even begin telling them…. so i stop here.

Madalincmc is actually right. You can’t expect Envato taking care of your items all the time. If there were no “harshness of the review process”, there would be 10, 20 or even 50 times more items, at least. How would this place look like then?

It’s a marketplace. You’re here to sell your work, not for being lead by the hand. This place is giving you an opportunity to run your own profile/shop, but it’s you who’s responsible to show your products to the world. And for mutual good Envato reviews our works, this way they are keeping their own image at decent level and thus make you look more professional.
you are brainwashed. just to give two arguments, of many more: 1) p5 doesnt review so harsh and works much better than aj 2) for the 67% aj takes from my sales, i am intitled to expect more. if it only took 35 or 50 (like most sites) than it wouldnt bother me

Call me brainwashed, but yet you stick with AJ. Why do you care so much about them if you’re not exclusive author, have better terms elsewhere and can earn more? And what does it mean that P5 works better than AJ? In which areas?

38 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
AuthorMusic says

Great thread, would read again, 10/10.

It has its moments.

While I understand where you are coming from, you have to understand that AudioJungle is and should not be an educational institute, and that the reviewers are exactly that: reviewers, not teachers. While AudioJungle’s main purpose is to facilitate a marketplace, I think AudioJungle, as a whole, facilitates many possibilities that also enable you to learn about things. For starters there are the forums, including a section for >Item Discussion<. Alternatively, some of the AudioJungle-members have taken the initiative to start external groups from which AudioJungle-members could become a member to discuss things like items, production techniques, marketing strategies, etc. All in all, the learning is your own responsbility. That includes looking for information and asking questions.

One thing, I believe, that sets AudioJungle apart from other stock-libraries, is the extras it has to offer, like guides, the quite active forum and the generally helpful, and diverse community. If you run into problems, or don’t understand something, you’re most welcome to use the forums. You can rest assured, that if you’re polite and put your question clearly, that you’ll be helped by other members and sometimes even reviewers.

Nailed it. At least as far as AudioJungle goes, this is a thread ender. Honest opinion. I don’t know about other envato marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by