• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Great tip, man! Thanks! We all here can make music, but we (ie. most of us :) ) miss that “other side” perspective of people who use our music for their projects. It’s always good to know how we can improve things ;) I’ll definitely add ending (and intro ;) ) phrase from now on, whenever it’s possible.

P.S. I’m always open for suggestions for my sounds, and I can always edit them to suit any users needs… I believe that many (if not all) other artists feel the same. So, feel free to contact the author – even if he hadn’t uploaded such a file (intro/ending), he might be willing to make it now.

70 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Germany
dan_djorgi says
P.S. I’m always open for suggestions for my sounds, and I can always edit them to suit any users needs… I believe that many (if not all) other artists feel the same. So, feel free to contact the author – even if he hadn’t uploaded such a file (intro/ending), he might be willing to make it now.

+1

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Taotekid says

Hi,

(my name’s Eric & I’m a newbie :)

yes, this is a good suggestion, but the tempo & the audio & video length could sometimes force you to cut the music at a moment when it wouldn’t be rhythmically right or wouldn’t make sense in the context of the track …

so let me make another suggestion that could make yours more (often) efficient :

it’d be great if you VideoHive authors could use a track (or a metronome clic) as a background when you make your video, then, with that information, Audiojungle author(s) could, to some extent, make their track suit your video better …

also, even better, you could actually send a preview to the Audiojungle author(s) whose music inspires you, this could be inspiring to them too …

I made a custom track for one of Zanimotion’s great templates, he didn’t give me any tempo information though, but luckily, I found a tempo that fitted well, but he did send me his preview so I could work directly on it … after an inconclusive attempt to mix it with a pre-existing track that I had made some time ago, I finally made a new track from scratch for the video, I sent him a first version & he came with a few suggestions/requests, a less syncopated/freestylee rhythm & ... an outro ! ... so I did my best to do as he wished (I made the outro out of a special version of my intro, that I then cross-faded at the end :) & I was quite pleased with the result, so I sent him that 2nd version & Zanimotion was pleased enough with it to update his template with my track :)

you can try the result here : http://videohive.net/item/ae-cs3-elegant-business-template/60918

my track is totally different from the one he originally used, & although someone left a comment there asking why the music changed & that the other one suited better, I think that the sobriety of his black & white minimal & elegant design combines well with my cheerful & colorful (& almost exuberant) track :) I think that it creates an interesting contrast …

so + 1 for you suggestion, but keep in mind that a a slightly more collaborative approach, (a common tempo + a few emails & attachements exchanged) can possibly make a big difference :)

PEACE

Eric

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says

wow eric…. the video and your music are awesome.. I love it, it has a bit messy percussion, but mostly a good job :)

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Taotekid says

sweet … thanx a lot for the feedback, Danielku, I appreciate it :D

the drums used to be much more freestylee & syncopated than that … but I’ll try to be rhytmically a bit more minimalist from now on ;)

thanx again for the encouraging words :)

214 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Latvia
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says
Slightly more collaborative approach, (a common tempo + a few emails & attachements exchanged) can possibly make a big difference :)

Are you ready to work for free and get paid only from sales you make with this co-operation?

Making items for VH can sometimes take a lot of time (which is also money) paying extra for custom made audio track would make the building process even more expensive and would take more time, but i agree, co-operation with other authors can give a better result than trying to do all alone and try to be perfect in Motion Graphics, Audio production, Marketing etc.

214 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Latvia
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says
although someone left a comment there asking why the music changed & that the other one suited better

I’m afraid, i also favour previous audio over the new one. Audio itself is not bad, but it seems to grab too much attention from the content. This is a common problem not just for audio but also for graphics. sometimes all the backgrounds, animations, frames, that hold the media and other things are so aggressive, that they take too much attention from the main thing – content. I think there is one or even two threads going right now about having simpler – content orientated projects.

1420 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

Why not submitting audio in a time stretching format ?(I put most of my stuff as acidized wav format). When a video author wants to change the tempo, he can make it himself using software that is available for free download and he will make it exactly as he wants to fit in his video.

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Taotekid says

yes, I guess I am ready to work for free & get paid from sales I make with this co-operation as long as it’s inspiring to me …

& in my case, as a newbie, it’s a great opportunity for me to get some exposure, (thanx to Zanimotion, to whom I’m very grateful :) & sure I can get sales from that cooperations, but not only from it, people may enjoy my music & start following me :)

& thanx for the feedback, I’m going to take your remark (regarding the overwhelming/distracting factor) into account, but I’d be curious to see how it actually works out when the “insert your logo, media, catchy phrase etc … here” spaces are replaced, I like to think that my music won’t be so distracting in the end, & I’d like to see how it looks without the watermarks too :)

by
by
by
by
by
by