361 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
QBKL says

Hi there,

Not sure if this has been suggested before or how hard it is to implement on the site, but I’m pretty sure I’m not the only author that had this thing happening to them.

When uploading a new item to the marketplace, we usually have about a gazillion things to consider and do: thumbnails, live preview, screenshots, packages, tracking codes… you name it. Quite a few.

Sometimes it happens that you might overlook something being caught up in all the process and you think you got it all setup and hit submit. You relax and cross your fingers, hope for the best… but “Hey, how the hell did that hard-coded photo link get in my theme?”. We all had those moments I think. I know I did.

So you get anxious, waiting for the never ending queue and hope that the reviewer will either miss it (one of the times we’re happy that the reviewers might overlook things) and wait to update the product as it goes live, first thing. Or you get rejected, update and wait again a whole queue.

Point is, isn’t there any possible way to allow authors as long as they are still in the queue with a submitted item, and that item hasn’t yet reached the reviewer, to update submission info, files, etc? Since it didn’t get past the review, I don’t see how it would be “tampering with the evidence”. :) It would speed up the process and remove some of the reviewers’ burden too by not having to go through a second update review.

I’m sure most authors would love to have this option.

Regards,

Alex

1290 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

+1 This would be absolutely amazing, happened to me so many times :)

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
nonstop says

:)

361 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
QBKL says

Any chance of an official reply on this one?

Regards, Alex

by
by
by
by
by
by