329 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

Hi guys,

I think I’m close to pushing this one through, but I need to take the design from good to great and make it “pop” more. The problem is that I’ve been staring at this theme for 8/9 days now so it’s hard for me to see the obvious flaws that you guys would see with your fresh eyes :)

http://goo.gl/cLZi2

Which parts would you tweak, poke and change?

Cheers guys, Paul.

421 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
MASSIX says

It is okay, but 95 % like 150 other themes here. There is nothing unique or special …

Try to add some unique elements for the different areas like hand made icons, some better slider design, more jQuery effects like nice hover status or some cool tooltips for the social media icons, ....... . If you don´t do it, this theme will never sell more than 20 times.

Good luck with it.

329 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

It is okay, but 95 % like 150 other themes here. There is nothing unique or special …

I don’t disagree with you, but if every theme was unique/special this theme market would not be at all sustainable.. everybody would just burn out.. sometimes you have to build what people know and are familiar with ‘cause it sells.

Try to add some unique elements for the different areas like hand made icons, some better slider design, more jQuery effects like nice hover status or some cool tooltips for the social media icons, ....... . If you don´t do it, this theme will never sell more than 20 times. Good luck with it.

Very much appreciate the suggestions – I’ve taken them all on board :)

101 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
PixelBook says

I would change the arrows and the slider controls. Rectangular with rounded don’t fit. Try to put the arrows on the left and right of the slider

by
by
by
by
by
by