- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Allright, so I re-designed it a bit.
Is this any better? I need more suggestions, otherwise Im going to scrap it and go for something simpler.
I know there are a lot of ‘Category Links’, please dont really consider the ‘Category’ and ‘Latest Posts’ as boxes for poor content, its just a test and can always be changed!
Thanks heres the link
Wow! Much better! Doesn’t even seem like the same design, lol.
1) I don’t really like the white navigation links. I would use a dark color instead of white so it would be easier to look at. That’s just my opinion.
2) I think the paragraph text over powers the headlines a little so I would use a bold headline and/or a little larger font. You might also use #333 for the paragraph text color instead of #000.
3) Your design has some areas that have harsh pixel transitions and that gives those parts an unfinished look. I would try to smooth them out a little so they don’t look pixelated/unfinished.
No footer? You might want to start putting in some advertising elements as that’s pretty common, up to you though. Anyway, it’s looking great! Keep up the good work
So can someone save me the time of uploading this and give me your opinion if my final version will be accepted or not?
Either site template or PSD …
Its a big improvement over the first one, but I still do not think it will be accepted, especially into PSD templates (Im not a reviewer though, so just my opinion here). It just doesn’t feel finished to me.
More grunge elements may help, mind you, dont just throw them on the page willy nilly. Things should be placed on the page for a reason. This might help
also, going back to polish Maybe try having smaller gradients (ie just at the top, not throughout the entire post/block).. experiment with icons… add some more pictures (maybe each post should have a thumbnail?)
How is that background going to repeat? or does it?
what is the line of text for right below the main navigation?
If this has a portfolio section to it, perhaps it would be good to promote a feature project somewhere?
More grunge elements may help, mind you, dont just throw them on the page willy nilly.haha