82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subwaymatch says

I’ve posted a question on one of the forums a couple of days ago about how partnerships work when one does the design and the other does coding/development. It seems that the general consensus is to upload the item under one author name and the owner of the item (who has uploaded the item) would pay the partner each month.

Given that many projects are team-based, adding a new feature where enabling an item to have more than one author can solve many problems arising from forming a “vague” partnership. By vague, I mean it doesn’t have a standard contract or some kind of agreement that is legally binding.

I wish Envato would consider adding this feature in the future. This would benefit the customers (since there would be more items with better quality), designers & developers (for obvious reasons), and for Envato itself (more sales?). 8-)

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
BowtieThemes says

Been suggested many times, ain’t gonna happen… soon. Maybe never because Envato would have to involve in legal issues if for example one author quits giving support or isn’t satisfied with the percentage of earnings anymore. Too many situations can happen and it would be overwhelming for existing support team who already has enough questions to answer.

368 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

Been suggested many times, ain’t gonna happen… soon. Maybe never because Envato would have to involve in legal issues if for example one author quits giving support or isn’t satisfied with the percentage of earnings anymore. Too many situations can happen and it would be overwhelming for existing support team who already has enough questions to answer.

Well said :) +1

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
subwaymatch says

I can only imagine how many times this has been suggested. But your point makes complete sense.

by
by
by
by
by
by