82 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
mehrpadin says

Hi everybody,

Hmm, I’m not sure if I should say this, but my mpTHREE didn’t sell even 1 time.

http://themeforest.net/item/mpthree-a-chic-joomla-template/47928

:(

Anyone have any idea how should I change it to make it “cool” as per “TF” atmosphere?

Thanks in advance,

PS: Please look at the screenshots instead of the demo version, thank you :)

478 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kevinsturf says

My guess is that not that many people are into joomla that much as compared to wordpress and regular html/css templates. But I would give it time, maybe someone might buy it.

962 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
webdesigndeluxe says

I agree. Unless it’s really really really good, nobody will be into it as much as wordpress. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great design, it’s just that wordpress is more popular these days. Just my opinion.

82 posts
mehrpadin says

Hi,

WP is dominant in TF, that’s true, but in general it’s not so, however I can admit that there’s no many Joomla-based blogs while WP is backed by hundred thousands of blogs.

Anyway, I was expecting some suggestions on its feel&look actually, our current 23 Joomla templates sold very well in spite of this WPish atmosphere here in TF, so don’t mind the sales, tell me how you think it should be to be called “cool” by you, just wondering…

:)

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Personally, I love it. Except that it’s Joomla. If it was Wordpress, or just regular xHTML/CSS, it would sell like hotcakes.

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
My guess is that not that many people are into joomla that much as compared to wordpress and regular html/css templates. But I would give it time, maybe someone might buy it.
My thoughts exactly. I have seen this a lot with the Joomla themes, sometimes it takes a bit for their sales to pick up or even start.

Just give it some time, you did a great job :)

2322 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Fip it to WordPress and you will sell some ;)

82 posts
mehrpadin says

Hi,

I’m creating two WP themes at the moment (one almost done), but I feel sorrow for TF, it could be a great marketplace for Joomla and Drupal. Hardly any of you chaps over here could imagine the thirst for Joomla and especialy Drupal themes. In a different topic here in this forum I’ve asked everyone to put a little time on Joomla and\or Drupal, now I feel like I’ve to sit and watch TF going down the hill with…. anyway, who cares? I’ll make these two WP themes and if they sold that much then I’ll leave Joomla (can’t leave Drupal alone, no never!) , TF staffs has to learn what I’ve said the day I registered here, though they’ll feel sorrow and pity, but that’s what they want, what else can I do, we’re all here for money and not suggesting Envato to add those horribly important meta description\keywords and bla bla bla bla ( all said in several support tickets, 90% ignored to this date)

Sorry, I’m such a chatterbox, so you guys think I should turn this into a WP one? and it sells then? how much you think? 10? more?

@-};—

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Mehrpadin, the theme itself is great, it’s just that TF isn’t known for its Joomla themes. That’s why there’s only 23 here.

Here’s what your plan of action should be. Recreate it with xHTML/CSS, see how it sells. If there’s any demand, make it a WP theme.

Note: Make sure you mention to the reviewer when submitting that the design has been approved once already. That way they won’t reject you for your design, which should speed up the process a bit. ;)

7172 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

I may appear ignorant, but what’s this joomla thing? and Drupal? :D ok I will google myself, no need to answer but you get my point. I actually don’t know, I hear about it but never got the time to check what’s about, to many things on this world can’t have time for everything.

by
by
by
by
by
by