Hello every one. My file got rejected today, i really want to improve my skills so, any suggestions on this? what can i do better? where did it fail? is it the Color pallet? or the animations? the pace of the video? or maybe the idea? any comments to improve will be great, thanks =) https://www.dropbox.com/s/uotsqzi64emq617/Video%20Preview%20-%20Circles.flv
I’ll try to point out a few things I see :
- The basic idea is good and the images look good inside the circles.
- Each animation/transition you created is ok, however it feels like I’m watching a separated chain of animations, instead of a fluid one. Dynamic animation and detail is very important, the moves have to be connected in a way and happen with harmony.
- Most of the video feels like everything is going on in the middle with no movement, making the visual a bit boring with everything just out there, static, revealed to the viewer. You need to lead the viewer’s eyes, create mystery, add camera movements along the animation (not just at the end)..even if it’s a pan-movement or a basic scan. Use depth-of-field more often.
- If you’re into adding depth, you can offset your text-placeholders in space to enhance the 3D feel.
- I wouldn’t use Cyan with Red & Yellow, try a different color pallet.
- Last thing that crosses my mind, the background texture looks a bit big, if it’s a seamless texture, make it smaller. Also the circles that’s rising in the back look very basic..you can let them go in my opinion Maybe a bokeh effect since it’s the same language as your image placeholders.
Hope this helps, good luck
First of all great item! I think maybe you could make it more fluid and easier to follow… sorry i can’t help much more… – from footage central
I think it is a nice project, the only thing I can say is that after the second photo and before the third you can see on the left side of the round frame a bit of the text support from photo two. It’s about at 0:10 for a few frames!