2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Mexico
mowglymx says

Hello all,

I’ve been web designer about 5 years ago with expertise on web design, psd and then html+css+jquery coding. Last year I quit my full time job and became 100% full time freelancer, first months were really hard, but at third month my luck changed and started to have a lot of work. Now my earnings are ok, more than what the full time job :p

But now, I don’t know if you have experienced this kind of thing, I have so much in my mind, like designs and coding unborn that hasn’t see the light because I haven’t being hired for specific projects I have in mind, wow, then I discovered this community and that I could sell templates and I was like ok, I will study what the people do here, and there are really great web designs. I know is hard and the requirements are tough but not impossible to create something new that can be useful to someone looking for that.

So please wish me luck. I will start creative process and mockups today, and I hope in a couple of weeks I could have a html theme to ask you for opinion/feedback.

And the best of luck to all you too.

:)

2295 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Hi and welcome to the Marketplaces. Although I have absolutely no idea about webdesign and coding, I wish you good luck on themeforest and give you one of the most essential tips:

Don’t be discouraged by rejections.

Especially on themeforest, rejections seem to be something every author has to suffer through before he can get his first item approved. So don’t be disappointed, listen to the advice of the reviewers and fellow authors, and you will get your work posted on the page :)

Kind regards,
Tobi

78 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
bluexmusic says

Welcome, and best of luck to you! :)

293 posts
  • Located in India
ideastools says

Hi and welcome to the Marketplaces. Although I have absolutely no idea about webdesign and coding, I wish you good luck on themeforest and give you one of the most essential tips:

Especially on themeforest, rejections seem to be something every author has to suffer through before he can get his first item approved. So don’t be disappointed, listen to the advice of the reviewers and fellow authors, and you will get your work posted on the page :)

Kind regards,
Tobi

+1

1409 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

Don’t be discouraged by rejections. Especially on themeforest, rejections seem to be something every author has to suffer through before he can get his first item approved. So don’t be disappointed, listen to the advice of the reviewers and fellow authors, and you will get your work posted on the page :)

Yes, try your best and be patient success will come :) Welcome to the marketplaces and good luck on your new journey! :)

1293 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Well said! :)

Welcome to the club! Hope we’ll see you more here and good luck with making good stuff ;)

2 posts
  • Located in Mexico
mowglymx says

Thank you for your answers.

I now is hard and I’m prepared for the rejections, to listen and be better web designer.

:)

465 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
styleWish says

Good luck! :)

by
by
by