• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
kamarashev says

Hello, i personaly recommend not using your account on Public Pcs or in UNSECURED PUBLIC NETWORKS . guys do you know that now when there is no https:// and you are in a UNSECURED PUBLIC NETWORK especially when it is Wireless hackers can read all your content. i mean they can`t see you password buy they can see your ernings and personal info. Even if you are with https:// and you are surfing a specific website for an hour for example they can get enough packages to crack the SSL . :) so no Public Pc`s and UNSECURED PUBLIC NETWORKS especially Wireless.. or if you use it there you have to be quick :D

correct me if i`m wrong :)

61 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Jaybuz says

If any of you have ever used Steam, the game marketplace thing by Valve, you’ll see that they have a system so when you want to change your password you must first enter your password and if it’s correct then they send you an email to confirm it and the same must be done to change your email. This makes it almost impossible for someone to change your password unless they have access to your email account as well.

I think it’s a pretty good system and maybe Envato could do something similar.

510 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
pxt says
If any of you have ever used Steam, the game marketplace thing by Valve, you’ll see that they have a system so when you want to change your password you must first enter your password and if it’s correct then they send you an email to confirm it and the same must be done to change your email. This makes it almost impossible for someone to change your password unless they have access to your email account as well. I think it’s a pretty good system and maybe Envato could do something similar.

+1 – Great idea

359 posts
  • Exclusive Author
jjjrmy says

I might need to thing of new passwords then. Lets just say I use a lot of the same passwords for different things.

61 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
Jaybuz says
I might need to thing of new passwords then. Lets just say I use a lot of the same passwords for different things.

You can always put two of them together!

359 posts
  • Exclusive Author
jjjrmy says

Wow, weird coincidence. Right after reading this, my Facebook almost gets hacked. Someone from the Czech Republic tried to hack my Facebook account.

I changed my password, but I’m going to need some new password system. Like have a special coded card that I keep in my wallet or something.

This is what I’m going to use in case anyone was interested: http://www.passwordcard.org/

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Why not have a security question on login?

It takes a hacker about 10 years to crack a password with symbols,capital letters and numbers.

for example hose$$£**777HjH

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
mvogeltanz says

<RANT>I’m sorry, but I already have a pretty strong password that Themeforest is saying is too weak (and will not accept) – I’m using both upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols! How much stronger can a password be?? Am I going to constantly be reminded to change my password EVERY time I login??

If I am forced to change my password to something I am NEVER going to remember, I’ll be changing it every day and will NOT be coming to themeforest just because I know that it will only cause me frustration!

Sorry – but my brain is running at full capacity at this point – I cannot possibly remember any more UN/PW combos and where they belong.</RANT>

:zipped:

5203 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

You should really set yourself up with something like LastPass. It’s incredibly easy to use and allows you to have different hard to break passwords for every site. You only need to remember a single password to start the plugin and then it takes it from there.

2046 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

You should really set yourself up with something like LastPass. It’s incredibly easy to use and allows you to have different hard to break passwords for every site. You only need to remember a single password to start the plugin and then it takes it from there.

I don’t quite get it why this should be more safe. Hackers would only need to hack one password (the master password from last pass) and they have access to EVERYTHING.

by
by
by
by
by
by