15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MaximusCript says

I know about pxel fonts, and they are geat. But, they cost. And free pixel fonts miss some characters i need (polish chars).

Is there any other way to get super sharp text on your swf? Exporting text from photoshop dont work. Neither Illustrator. Does anybody knowany other way to get atleast slighty sharp texts in flash?

I’ll appreciate any help.

3715 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

If you havn’t yet; switching off ‘anti-aliasing’ helps you gain some sharpness, although the edges might end up looking jagged..

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
MaximusCript says

Oh i havent mention im not using right now pixel fonts.

Im working with “Code Light” ( http://fontfabric.com/code-free-font-3/ ), trying to get text sharp at 16 px, which is pretty small as for this font.

As flash have no stroke option, to make my text bolder and sharper at once, im trying to get it with png, from illustrator, but its still little blurry…

Any ideas, what should i do?

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

Make sure the textfield(s)’ x and y locations are placed on full pixels, e.g. x = 123 and y = 456 rather than x = 123.4 and y = 456.3. Also, if you don’t intend to animate the textfields (e.g. scale / rotate / move them at runtime) make sure you set their anti-alias to Anti-alias for readability.

Hope this helps :)

6025 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

So far, the last and final attempt I do in these situation is using Tahoma 11 points with anti-alias type set to ‘Bitmap Text’ (no anti-alias). It will look clean similar to pixel font with additional character support:

\\

by
by
by
by
by
by