1734 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says

Just apologize and tell him “his customer support token has run out.” lol I did that one time and the guy believed me and apologized for not knowing there were support tokens….

Hahaha you made my day, thank you!

For now all my buyer are nice, but I’m still “green”.

303 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
ThemeGoods says

Indeed, not only more demanding but many ask for support in very rude way.

851 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

I think that a lot of people who spend money on things, anything – even digital goods, no matter how good the value is or what the actual reality of what the product support expectations are will always have the idea in mind that ‘the customer is always right’. Unfortunately some people seem to take this a license to become very demanding and perhaps rude on occasion – which is a shame, but honestly a part of life when you deal directly with customers.

It’s just important in my opinion to stick to your values, don’t let anything customers say get to you and remain professional. After all, this is your own personal business.

Try and stay objective and take the emotion out of this stuff.

Also, it’s worth pointing out that we’ve got a lot of newbie buyers that might not necessarily understand how the industry works. It’s frustrating, but I wouldn’t get too upset with them because of that lack of knowledge.

Just my 2 cents :-P

674 posts
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Envato Staff
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Support Staff
+7 more
cudazi Staff says

I dunno really – I do think it would be beneficial to Envato, buyers and authors if they had some real basic tuts right here on the marketplace for installing wordpress – setting up menus – creating pages – posts etc – you know, the basics – I know there are tuts sites and they want to drive traffic to them but it’s lame to expect buyers to hunt for this stuff or authors hunt and supply links – I think a nice “Learning” section would help buyers and everyone and maybe bring more new customers also – they could advertise the more in-depth tuts+ articles on the pages via a banner or link to the tuts sites which again would drive traffic to those sites – everyone is a winner!
I believe something along these lines may already be in the works. What would actually help speed up the process though, would be if a few of you amazing authors got together and came up with a list of tutorial topics to cover that you’re consistently being bugged with. :)

I definitely would love more resources to link to, I try to create what I can but only have so much time. Here’s a related thread from a while back…

367 posts
  • Denmark
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
UI20 says

I think that a lot of people who spend money on things, anything – even digital goods, no matter how good the value is or what the actual reality of what the product support expectations are will always have the idea in mind that ‘the customer is always right’. Unfortunately some people seem to take this a license to become very demanding and perhaps rude on occasion – which is a shame, but honestly a part of life when you deal directly with customers.

It’s just important in my opinion to stick to your values, don’t let anything customers say get to you and remain professional. After all, this is your own personal business.

Try and stay objective and take the emotion out of this stuff.

Also, it’s worth pointing out that we’ve got a lot of newbie buyers that might not necessarily understand how the industry works. It’s frustrating, but I wouldn’t get too upset with them because of that lack of knowledge.

Just my 2 cents :-P

Problem is you empower them to keep this trend going through your rating system. Also you do not properly educate your butyers to take support as something to be thankful of rather than something they can demand. If it was just support great but now it is actual work.

By design you can make sure the culture changes back into a more friendly and realistic one. But only Envato can do something about this.Shrugging it off as it is just the way it is is lame.

130 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lukk says

I brought this up months ago but sadly most people didn’t think this to be a problem. Now we are knee deep in it like I said we would be. Oh well… Maybe this could be a learning experience for Envato.
When do you receive support requests for items?

you just made my day, thank you :D

by
by
by
by
by
by