10 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
atlasmc says

In the past few years I have watched the Authors offer remarkable support for the products. Yet my first encounter with Envato support left me disappointed. I offer a few suggestions for support on the site.

Envato, Please have a competition to build a support system that works or at least purchase a commercial ticketing system. In this day and age to have a ticket system that does not have the ability to check the progress is unacceptable. To try and send information to support after opening a ticket you have to use Twitter (nearly impossible for people in some countries) or wait for an email. Also since you have support staff in both hemispheres it seems obvious to use the ones in a similar time zone. Getting responses in the middle of the night and waiting for 24 hours for simple responses.

For Authors. Why doesn’t Envato build have a system where the support from Authors are searchable as a lot of people do not want to go through 200 questions to find a simple answer. Why do authors have to build these outside your site. Why is the support not divided between sales questions and support for purchasers, it really is not so difficult. It would give authors a chance to concentrate on adding extra usability to their themes thereby getting better sales for everybody. Rather than answering 50 times did you download the zip file correctly or did you read the instructions. Another suggestion is 2 levels of files with support or without. The file with support having added extra funds (say $10.00 or so) paid $90% to the author. Then at least they would be getting some revenue for the extra support. Purchasers who dont need so much support could sort out their own problems or go back to pay the extra. Fixing this part of the system will enhance the oportunity of authors to spend time on what they get revenure to do build more product, at the same time assist in keeping customers who need support because they are new to the product.

Envato has a wonderful site with authors second to none, you have rebuilt the usability of the site and the accounting. Now is the time to fix the support to free up time for the autheor and to make sure your customers can be satisfied with you support.

132 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
baklach says
Another suggestion is 2 levels of files with support or without. The file with support having added extra funds (say $10.00 or so) paid $90% to the author. Then at least they would be getting some revenue for the extra support. Purchasers who dont need so much support could sort out their own problems or go back to pay the extra.

I like this part :) But you see it can make Purchasers (not like you, who are willing to pay for support) fear to purchase, cuz if there would be problem they have no chance for free support. An other deal would be, as Collis said in other topic, to have a guarantee on the items plus free support or no guarantee plus chargeable support or a free support by author choice. This would apply to each file and Purchasers would choose from available options when they buy. Just my thoughts, maybe it is to complicated to add this feature.

327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
palmtreep says
An other deal would be, as Collis said in other topic, to have a guarantee on the items plus free support or no guarantee plus chargeable support or a free support by author choice. This would apply to each file and Purchasers would choose from available options when they buy. Just my thoughts, maybe it is to complicated to add this feature.

Baklach has a point. But I think most (most I have seen and spoken to) authors on Envato offer their support for their products. Some prefer to send buyers to their personal websites for answers to most questions, others will reply with emails. I’ve had plenty of people ask me questions and have had many ask about my custom work. I’m happy to offer support for my products without worry. If the buyer took the time to buy my product, the least I can do as an author is make sure that the buyer is fully happy with their purchase.

I’ve also never had problems with Envato support. I’ve had much more trouble with plenty of other companies than Envato. From my experiences, Envato’s support has been one of the best ones I’ve had to communicate with.

That’s just my two cents however :P Everyone has their own opinion :D

- DP

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

For Authors. Why doesn’t Envato build have a system where the support from Authors are searchable as a lot of people do not want to go through 200 questions to find a simple answer.

I like this one!!

10 posts
  • Australia
atlasmc says
I’ve also never had problems with Envato support. I’ve had much more trouble with plenty of other companies than Envato. From my experiences, Envato’s support has been one of the best ones I’ve had to communicate with.

I rarely use the support mainly because the front end it well done and I am not suggesting there is much problem with Envato support, just the basis for any ticket system should be the ability to view the responses and add information through the same ticket number.

As for free support for items verses a fee, if you have to pay a small sum because you dont want to find out the answer yourself, it may make some people actually read the instructions or check the previous answers. I think the current system used support for the items is again not as professional as the rest of the site and this would cost authors time. Go through any thread for an item and check how many times the question is asked and answered mainly because it quicker to waste the authors time than check for your self or read instructions.

For authors if there was a system which had sales questions, searchable support questions for people who had paid for the item and enhancement suggestions. I believe it would save time for the Authors assist in developing enhancements or developing new themes or items, which is where the authors and Envato get their revenue from. Support seen only by purchasers may also reduce some of the piracy issues.

by
by
by
by
by
by