3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
happymind says

hi I’m seriously considering buying a theme or two from TF – and would like to know what kind of support I should expect to get – I dont need lessons on php – just help with adding a custom header / altering the colours and background . Somewhere like woo themes off unlimited support – so would I get some of my questions answered ?

cheers

best ben

123 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
adam_robinson says

I think you’ll find most authors provide support for their themes, either by email or through the comments on the theme page. You’d be unlucky not to here back from the author..some take longer than others either because of the sheer number of support questions they receive or because they just take there time.

If it not a specific theme related problem and just a general question/problem the forum is also a good place to post questions.

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
hi I’m seriously considering buying a theme or two from TF – and would like to know what kind of support I should expect to get – I dont need lessons on php – just help with adding a custom header / altering the colours and background . Somewhere like woo themes off unlimited support – so would I get some of my questions answered ?

cheers

best ben

It always depend on the author.

You can look at the item page of the theme you would like to buy to see if author answered often or if the question are left unanswered.

:)

You defintely should buy stuff here because it’s an awesome community and if you have any question that the author can’t help you with , you can always come here on the forum and you will find someone to help you every time.

Welcome to TF ! :)

315 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
bitpub says

Like the others said, it greatly depends on the author.

I for one try to make it a habit of offering quick responses to questions ( < 24 hours) and am more then willing to help out even if the question or request goes beyond the scope of basic support.

Welcome to Theme Forest!

960 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

First off, welcome to TF!!

I think you’ll find most authors are open to basic questions/help such as:

Can I split this theme into 3 columns? How do I change the theme colour? Where are the fonts/icons located?

It’s important to remember what you are paying for the theme e.g. if you want the theme customised, I’m sure a designer here would gladly do this for you but it would cost you so please budget for that if it is a concern.

So yeah, those quetsions you mentioned are probably fine but quetions like “if I send you my copy text and lgoo can you change the template and send it back to me?” won’t be answered.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Welcome to the forums and marketplaces :)

As others have been noting, author support is highly encouraged but it is not required. You can check out comments and ratings on the individual file page as well as ask the author any questions. Any others questions just let us know!

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
Welcome to the forums and marketplaces :) As others have been noting, author support is highly encouraged but it is not required. You can check out comments and ratings on the individual file page as well as ask the author any questions. Any others questions just let us know!

I don’t agree with the “rating” part.

Sometime buyers mess the theme and think it’s your fault and give you 1 star .. Those ratings are ridiculous.

537 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says
Welcome to the forums and marketplaces :) As others have been noting, author support is highly encouraged but it is not required. You can check out comments and ratings on the individual file page as well as ask the author any questions. Any others questions just let us know!

Sometime buyers mess the theme and think it’s your fault and give you 1 star .. Those ratings are ridiculous.

Maybe an idea to create a mandatory field where the user needs to give up a reason when he’s rating 1 or 2 stars. Just thinking up loud.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Maybe an idea to create a mandatory field where the user needs to give up a reason when he’s rating 1 or 2 stars. Just thinking up loud.

There is a LOT of thing that can be done to improve this rating.

146 posts
  • Located in Netherlands
0703 says

ja but first ppl have to vote at all. there are too many times no vote was done, and for me a rating isnt any reason to buy or not to buy a theme – its just stars

i dont think its good to write a reason why you gave a bad rating, on the other side you should be happy that youve got a rating at all….

by
by
by
by
by
by