19 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
bradgriffin says

Long time Member, First time in Forums, so….

HI!!!

I’m looking for a good support forum theme. I want it to have a knowledge base of articles (of course I could easily creat this with accordions and shortcodes from most of these awesome themes that you guys crank out). But, here’s the deal… I know you “author folks” are moving to ticksy like nothing else, but I don’t really like that layout. I really, Really, REALLY want ALL people to have the capacity and ability to search through ALL the previously asked questions and answers.

So…

I’ve downloaded and bought http://themeforest.net/item/support-desk-a-responsive-helpdesk-theme/4321280 which is working out ok, but I know there are more out there. So, here’s where I need some <friggin huge> HELP ! </friggin huge>. Each time I put something in the search box, I keep getting WAY too many results.

I put “support forum” into the search box – well, that was stupid! It returned almost every theme! Then I put “help desk” into the search box – again, [duh] way too many options for me to even filter through!

So, what are some of the best themes for support tickets and responses that are searchable by everyone. (I’m not sure how many of you have ever been in or remember Industrial Themes ‘old’ support forum, but it was PERFECT!) And / or what are some recommendations from Codecanyon as well.

Again, I’m looking for any other options or recommendations for a support forum theme that has insanely awesome features like uservoice & getsatisfaction: knowledge base, support tickets, things like that….

Thanks in advance! -Brad

422 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
phpbits says

Hi Brad,

Try “knowledge base” : http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=knowledge+base

Feel free to check the results :)

Cheers!

19 posts
  • United States
bradgriffin says

well… slap my fanny and call me Bertha!

“knowledge base” whoodathunkit!

THANK YOU!

(...any other terms I’ve missed?)

422 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
phpbits says

Try “customer help” also.

You’re Welcome ;)

438 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I made “Base” – the second one on that list that @phpbits mentioned. It’s pretty solid; sitting at a 5 star rating as of now. :)

422 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
phpbits says

I made “Base” – the second one on that list that @phpbits mentioned. It’s pretty solid; sitting at a 5 star rating as of now. :)

REALLY??? I’m surprised that the search keywords is case sensitive. I’ll hit the “Staff Reply” for this one. Thanks ;)

Cheers!

224 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
WPAlchemy says

What an amazing theme! Any way I could integrate that with Envato API ?

438 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

What an amazing theme! Any way I could integrate that with Envato API ?

Thanks! Are you thinking of BBPress integration with the Envato API? I know some users have done it like so.

19 posts
  • United States
bradgriffin says

Well, Mr. Beans, (barring any unforeseen surprise themes) I do believe your transitions and design is THE front-runner :-)

But let me ask (or clarify something)... Let’s say ‘Jill’ asks a question like “How do I change the color of the menu bar” and I’ve already answered that for ‘Jack’ and posted the answer before. Jill’s got a great question, but I want her to be able to see (and / or search) that her question and answer has already been given. Likewise, I’d like for ‘Jack’ to be able to answer that question. If he wants to contribute, I’m all for it – think along the lines of community support, not just me.

If I’m not mistaken, this is sort of like what WP Alchemy was asking. Check out how this link works http://demo.pressapps.co/knowledgepress2/forums/forum/bbpress/ I might be missing it on the front end, but does your theme allows for …”community support”?
224 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
WPAlchemy says

Beans, does BASE include bbpress styles? What i mean,. if i install bbpress, will it look as good as the rest of the theme or would i need to create my own bbpress theme off your css files?

by
by
by
by
by
by