- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 1-2 years
- Exclusive Author
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
Hey guys, I’m about to create a new Theme Support Forum. Now my question is, do you protect your Support Forums and only grant verified buyers access to the forum or do you use a public forum?
Would be nice to hear your opinion about this and collect some pros & cons…
Also, which software do you take and is anybody using BBpress 2.0, whats your experience with that?
I’m currently using BBPress plugin for my support site. It’s fairly new so there’s hardly that many threads for now so I can’t comment much on my experience. So far it has been great. It was relatively easy to setup as well, and I like the idea of using something that most customers would already be familiar with if they used the forums on WordPress.org before.
The support forum is partly public so that Google can index some of the content – more SEO friendly.