• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says

I need help about this (it’s urgent for my Client), here is a copy of email:

Thanks Misel, Actually what I am hoping to determine is this: If my client buys a single regular license for a logo sting, and you make that into a video logo, can they use that exact same clip over and over in their videos, as long as the video is given for free?

Or do they need to purchase the license again every time they use the same clip in the video? I have contacted envato and the answer they give is confusing me a lot. They are providing me with an answer that seems different to what they state on their own support forum. The license wording is very unclear but it does say “You can make any number of copies of the single End Product, as long as the End Product is distributed for Free.” which seems as though you can use the same clip in many videos after buying one license.

Since you create the templates I thought you might know, or you might be able to offer me different terms?

I am sorry to bother you with this issue, but Envato support has left me feeling confused and is very slow to get a response, my client does not wish to purchase the license each time they use the logo clip, so if this is the case I will have to look elsewhere for a template. But i will have more clients if you can help me to clarify this issue and hopefully reasonable licensing requirements, I would be very grateful to use your services.

Kind Regards Kate

I can’t start any service (customization) till I get clear answer , so please help me.

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Typps says

can they use that exact same clip over and over in their videos, as long as the video is given for free?

One1 video is One1 product. You may distribute that single video, whether you do it for free or for a fee is irrelevant. But including the purchased clip into a second video means you now have used the clip on Two2 products. This is not allowed.

3772 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says

can they use that exact same clip over and over in their videos, as long as the video is given for free?
One1 video is One1 product. You may distribute that single video, whether you do it for free or for a fee is irrelevant. But including the purchased clip into a second video means you now have used the clip on Two2 products. This is not allowed.

Extended license?

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Typps says

Extended license?

whoops, i made a mistake there :

One1 video is One1 product. You may distribute that single video, whether you do it for free or for a fee is irrelevant You can only distribute the end product for free. But including the purchased clip into a second video means you now have used the clip on Two2 products. This is not allowed.

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Typps says

Extended license?

The difference between extended license and the regular is that with the extended you may sell copies of the end product created using the purchased item. The regular license does not allow you to sell the end product. In this case, the end product being a video :)

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts
Threads Started
595 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
cloud9communication says

regular license

6771 posts
  • Italy
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

regular license

if people can watch for free those videos, is single and one time purchase. the videos must be for the same show or product or website.

So let’s say he has a website where he sell unicorns. Every time he creates a video about an unicorn for his website he can place that video logo at the beginning. The template is tied now to his unicorn marketplace website. He needs one time, regular license

If he decides to create a website that sells dragons, he needs to buy that project again under the regular license. He can use the template as many time as he wants if is for the dragon marketplace website.

But let’s say he want to sell videos of dragons eating unicorns. Or ask for a fee to access a library of videos about this interesting subject. Then he needs to purchase an extended license. Just one time. For this particular website.

Disclaimer: At least is what I got from the license page. May be wrong. Unicorns may look fluffy but be careful, they are heavily armed. Don’t approach the dragons, they can set you on fire.

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Typps says

regular license

Right, to be clear. The regular license allows you to use the item purchased in a single product. That single product cannot be sold. You may distribute it for free.

The extended license on the other hand allows you to use the item purchased in a single product you can sell.

Single product means a single piece of work you create that uses the purchased item.

1686 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

In terms of videohive, the easiest way to remember was: one render = one license.

So I think even if the customer has 2 youtube channels, if the intro is the same he only needs one license. cause it is always the same video he is using, the same render.

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts
Threads Started
595 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
cloud9communication says

In terms of videohive, the easiest way to remember was: one render = one license. So I think even if the customer has 2 youtube channels, if the intro is the same he only needs one license. cause it is always the same video he is using, the same render.
+1
by
by
by
by
by
by