4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
1thirteen3 says

I have submitted three support tickets without response regarding an issue with a purchase that does not function as stated in the description. As a result, I am posting here. This is my third support ticket request. [item removed] is not what the item description claims. The theme requires additional plugins that create a conflict with my IDX/MLS integration plugin which is absolutely necessary for the real estate website I am designing for a client. I have heard from the theme author who states he is willing to issue a refund but that ThemeForest will not allow it. As soon as I hear from someone, I can provide that response from Inspiry via email. I need an immediate refund so that I may purchase a appropriate and functional theme that will meet my client’s needs. I am on a deadline for this website and need a response at once. I have never experienced poor service from Envato in the past and I hope that this case will be no exception.

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi thirteen, can you please be so kind to post the ticket ID’s – and we’ll make sure they are looked into as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated. Thanks.

585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
AlexFjord says

Sorry u are having issues but this raises an interesting point that maybe support would like to clarify-that plugin that conflicts is one YOU want/need to install and is not part of the theme as standard in the demo? Does that mean that any theme we buy that does not support our other plugins means we can get a refund? Surely that’s outside the policy regulations as even with author consent it is not just their funds they are refunding?

This is not an attack on the case in question just curiosity. Thanks

4 posts
1thirteen3 says

Hi thirteen, can you please be so kind to post the ticket ID’s – and we’ll make sure they are looked into as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated. Thanks.

Ticket IDs are: VQJ-768-34567, GKN-156-90683, and GKN-156-90683. Thanks for your response. I will be patient, as I know your team has some changes going on. Thank you.

4 posts
1thirteen3 says

Sorry u are having issues but this raises an interesting point that maybe support would like to clarify-that plugin that conflicts is one YOU want/need to install and is not part of the theme as standard in the demo? Does that mean that any theme we buy that does not support our other plugins means we can get a refund? Surely that’s outside the policy regulations as even with author consent it is not just their funds they are refunding? This is not an attack on the case in question just curiosity. Thanks

Hi there and thanks for your response. I certainly did not take it as an attack. :) It’s a valid and important question. The issue is not that the theme doesn’t support my plugin. The issue is that the theme, immediately upon installation, requires TWO plugins of its own to function (OptionTree and breadcrumbsNavXT). The customer is not notified of the need for these external plugins until after purchase, which means that the file does not function out of the box as described by the author in the pre-sale literature.

OptionTree creates a conflict for nearly any individual who wants to use a plugin to integrate MLS/IDX data into their site. Just to clarify, the theme I purchased is a real estate theme that presents itself as capable of displaying agents and listings (i.e. MLS data). For a realtor, a website is completely useless without MLS data. That’s where the listings come from that a realtor shows and sells (not trying to talk down, just explain as I do not know your experience level in this area). Any person who chooses this theme and wants to use a plugin for IDX integration for a licensed real estate agent will experience this difficulty and the file description should say so to protect consumers from a lovely but basically useless product. The theme is beautiful and fairly functional otherwise and would be perfect for someone just manually entering listings.

This theme further offers no options for manually added listings to be assigned to a licensed agent.

ThemeForest only promises a refund if the file does not function as stated in the description. This theme does not, so I’m asking for a refund so that I may purchase a functional theme. As I am on a deadline for this site, I really needed immediate assistance – which I usually get from Envato at any time when I have an issue.

Those things being said, ThemeForest has never once disappointed me in terms of service or support during the time in which I have been a customer, and I don’t expect that to change now. This is a reputable website where one can make purchases or sales with confidence that support is always right around the corner, so I’m not worried.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi again thirteen, thank you so much for the thorough feedback above. Just wanted to let you know that all your tickets have been replied to. Thanks.

4 posts
1thirteen3 says

Hi again thirteen, thank you so much for the thorough feedback above. Just wanted to let you know that all your tickets have been replied to. Thanks.

And replied to with the same excellent service and support I’ve always received from Envato. I left a rating and a testimonial via the “rate us” email link, too. Thanks so much for your assistance in this matter!

by
by
by
by
by
by