• Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
djwd says

Hi guys,

Even though it’s time consuming, I always try to offer the best support I can to my customers, however I don’t know how to handle people asking for support for bundled items (some even asking what a wp theme is and how to ‘make it their site’)...I’ll be glad if more experienced authors can give some advice on how to handle this. Thanks :)

1093 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
lifwanian says

Well for starters, you can’t really tell if someone actually even bought the bundle, or if they got your files for free somewhere…

Second, I may be wrong here, but I believe it states that the files come AS-IS, and you will not be able to get updates, along with support.

I would say, at most, just create an FAQ section on your profile page, and if they want more help, charge them. They’re already getting over $500 in files for just $20…

79 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
djwd says

Well for starters, you can’t really tell if someone actually even bought the bundle, or if they got your files for free somewhere…

Second, I may be wrong here, but I believe it states that the files come AS-IS, and you will not be able to get updates, along with support.

I would say, at most, just create an FAQ section on your profile page, and if they want more help, charge them. They’re already getting over $500 in files for just $20…

Thanks for your reply. Exactly there is no ‘purchased’ badge or anything, amongst other things. Also the bundle comes “As-is” is correct, but I’m sure you know lots of people don’t (or don’t want to) pay attention to boring notices when they buy. I guess I just need a nice way to say this not to piss off anyone (since they’re also ‘attacking’ my comment section now) ;)

141 posts Designer & Developer
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
Webbu says

I have file in Bundle too and if somebody ask me about help i have to say sorry. Because we can not give support 3k – 4k people :). But also i put important updates to the FAQ section for bundle users.

If you have template in bundle i prefer you do that FAQ section is perfect.

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

The rules of the bundle:

1st rule: you do not give support for items in a bundle
2nd rule: you DO NOT give support for items in a bundle

no-thumbnail
MusicMakesMeHigh Recent Posts Threads Started
1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
MusicMakesMeHigh says

Just bought the $20 bundle special and unfortunately, the theme and the included plugin of my choice is not functioning, but since I DIDNT READ between the lines, im now stuck with $500 worth of product with no support. The latest wordpress was just released a few days ago, and im assuming that is why some things such as the revolution slider in the higher theme are not working. BUNDLES should be clearly marked as no SUPPORT! Sadly, the only way to find out that support was not included is when a problem arises an hour after purchasing.

72 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Algeria
Mahioo says

I don’t have an item on the bundle yet, but for me if the request are small and the questions are quick and don’t take a lot from my time, why no :)

1034 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Just bought the $20 bundle special and unfortunately, the theme and the included plugin of my choice is not functioning, but since I DIDNT READ between the lines, im now stuck with $500 worth of product with no support. The latest wordpress was just released a few days ago, and im assuming that is why some things such as the revolution slider in the higher theme are not working. BUNDLES should be clearly marked as no SUPPORT! Sadly, the only way to find out that support was not included is when a problem arises an hour after purchasing.

No theme comes with support that’s optional, if a author wants to deal with 4,000 people asking the same question that’s on their head

439 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

Hi!

Why have you decided there is no support? As you can see at the demo the revolution slider works fine with WP 3.5.1. You can always contact the author of the theme and ask for support even if you have bought the theme in the bundle.

Kind regards.

79 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
djwd says

There might be another way: reading the item description…

“Due to the exclusive nature of the Mobile Bundle, the bundle items are purchased ‘as-is’, meaning no bundle files are eligible for item support or updates.”

by
by
by
by
by
by