• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Hi all again,

just a simple question, which is probably aimed at all authors who employ support staff: How much do you pay for your support staff? Per hour? Per day? Per Ticket? Would love to get some insights.

Thanks in advance

2178 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

I was wondering the same thing lately :)

213 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

From a company standpoint when I owned a hosting company we paid on a per ticket basis, it’s actually better that way because when you pay per hour you never know when they’re actually on. Per ticket is better IMO .

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
infuse01 says

From a company standpoint when I owned a hosting company we paid on a per ticket basis, it’s actually better that way because when you pay per hour you never know when they’re actually on. Per ticket is better IMO .

alright, and how much did you pay per ticket?

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
infuse01 says

anyone else? Maybe an answer from a support team member?

213 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

I paid $1.25 and if the ticket took more than 2 hours to resolve we paid them another $1.25. (But these people were outsourced from india, so they work cheaper than say someone from the US).

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+1 more
UBLThemes says

I paid $1.25 and if the ticket took more than 2 hours to resolve we paid them another $1.25. (But these people were outsourced from india, so they work cheaper than say someone from the US).

I would rather pay someone by the hour.

By experience of the support for my items.

90% of the tickets are simple, 1 minute jobs.

Things like:

Cant install the theme, style.css are missing.

458 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Hey guys,

I happen to be the current support staff for ThemeSector, ThemeFusion, RDever and FreshFace and have been working for stmcan and DMThemes, so I might be of help in this thread.

In 80% of the cases I get paid flatrate – per month. We first think about the average amount of time that might be needed per day, I multiply it by my hourly rate and get a flatrate for that. I track my hours in an excel sheet that can be sent by request and if the hours differ a lot from what we agreed to we can adjust the flatrate.

The other 20% I get paid per minute, means I also track the exact time, sum that up at the end of the month and then multiply it by my hourly rates either for weekdays or weekends, depending on when I worked, and then send the invoice or tell by email.

Both has advantages for either parties I think. The exact rate probably differs depending on where the support staff is from (as themelux already implied). I myself am from a quite expensive country and have loads of experience with themes and themeforest, both as a former author, in cooperations with other authors as well as with supporting. So the price really depends on where you’re from and what your experience and expenses are (like taxes).

While I gladly inform anybody who’s interested about my concrete rates I’d rather not in public. I hope you understand, so if you’re interested shoot me a message (also if any other questions arise I gladly answer) :)

This is also a proper place and time to thank everybody for the cooperations – even if they might not read it :) – I have the most amazing, friendly, helpful and highly skilled bosses I can imagine – it’s a pleasure to work for all of you.

Anyways, I hope I helped!
Cheers,
Mel

by
by
by
by
by
by