14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Chile
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
proventacl says

Everytime I submit a complain about some product I have to wait over a week for an answer, if theres any answer, but before I pay for an item i need to charge my envato account RIGHT AWAY, FAST AS HELL. Its so sad I dont feel like sending stupid mails about bugs in the scripts or themes, and hell, theres a lot of that in here, theres dozens of products going out for over 40 US that can be target of attacks.

Im totally through this, from now on all of the bugs are going straight to 1337day.

get thought on support, you ARE getting payd.

5389 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Sorry you’re having some bad luck. Lots of authors are pretty good with support so my suggestion for the future is to check out the comments for the item you want to buy and that will give you a pretty good idea about whether the author is active with support or not.

608 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

you ARE getting payd.

Well, we authors are not paid for support, nor most of the authors make their life with envato. That’s one disadvantage with stock market and this community is fairly good support wise since a big part of the authors here have support systems or answer to questions in an average of 2 days (not a statistic just what I think or at least what I try to achieve).

Buyers sometimes just think the authors have all day to answer their questions and that they don’t have anything to do besides serving them. I’m not saying that is your case nor I’m accusing you of anything, you just had a bad experience and need to choose better to whom you buy items like Jack said.

14 posts
  • Located in Chile
+1 more
proventacl says

You guys miss the point, im not talking about the authors… Im fine with useless support, you gotta live with it. What im pointing here, and the reason why I aim Envato, is the fact that that lots of products IN SELL are not supposed to be selling, example (i dont give a f*) [name removed please do not call out items on the forum], totally bugged, filled with 0days. Plus some other CMSs with brutal SQL Injections… WTF is the matter with the envato team, do they really check the items before they go out to sell? I dont think so…

14 posts
  • Located in Chile
+1 more
proventacl says

but, hey! ask for a refund, they actually ask YOU to make a POC for them.

1326 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

get thought on support, you ARE getting payd.

Authors are not paid to offer support, and the support is optional unless the Item is actually broken. As far as I remember, refunds are offered only if the author used false advertising or the item doesn’t work as advertised (usually each item have a Live Preview, so you can see what you want to purchase), you can give it a try tho. I would suggest you what plusquare said, check the Item’s comments section and see if the author is replying to users requests. I for one offer support within 24 hours, but that depends from author to author, from day to day and lots of other factors.

5389 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

but, hey! ask for a refund, they actually ask YOU to make a POC for them.

By “POC” do you mean proof of concept? If so, this is a reasonable request.

As a veteran author I can tell you that 95% of the problems customers need support for are user-generated. But as someone who provides support, I investigate each and every problem.

Now let’s say an author decides not to provide support. Should Envato now be responsible for investigating every problem as well? Personally it takes me at least an hour every day to provide support. So Envato couldn’t possibly do the same for every author that doesn’t provide support.

Because of this, when it comes to refunds, asking the buyer to physically show that the product is indeed flawed is a reasonable request. Because a) we’re dealing with digital products. And b) refunds would be through the roof for authors who don’t provide support (due to the fact that 95% of claims aren’t genuine).

1326 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

Also the reason why support is optional is because the items are tested before approval, if they pass the approval it means that they are working, so no reason to ask for a refund. However in some cases problems might occur, as described in my earlier post, then a refund would apply.

41 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Caldazar says

Ok, maybe you’re interested in an outsider’s pov – blunt and in all honesty, take it or leave it..

I read 2 comment here, I find quite – uhm – debatable.

Authors are not paid to offer support, and the support is optional
While technically true I’m quite lost how any professional developer can claim such a thing with a straight face. Let’s put aside what happened to “customer is king” here. But how can a dev not be interested in getting as much bug-reports as customers are willing to give (even if a friendly version of RTFM might be the right advice in many cases)?

BTW: Is there really no issue tracker implemented here or did I just miss it?

if they pass the approval it means that they are working
Come on! We all know that only means they are working in a couple of most common use-cases. Passing approval is the absolute minimum requirement, not some quality stamp. Again, the only thing that can bring your software to the point of “this is working” are loads of bug reports over years. Of course all that, provided there’s an effective filter infrastructure for that = issue-tracker.
14 posts
  • Located in Chile
+1 more
proventacl says

Ok, maybe you’re interested in an outsider’s pov – blunt and in all honesty, take it or leave it..

I read 2 comment here, I find quite – uhm – debatable.

Authors are not paid to offer support, and the support is optional
While technically true I’m quite lost how any professional developer can claim such a thing with a straight face. Let’s put aside what happened to “customer is king” here. But how can a dev not be interested in getting as much bug-reports as customers are willing to give (even if a friendly version of RTFM might be the right advice in many cases)?

BTW: Is there really no issue tracker implemented here or did I just miss it?

if they pass the approval it means that they are working
Come on! We all know that only means they are working in a couple of most common use-cases. Passing approval is the absolute minimum requirement, not some quality stamp. Again, the only thing that can bring your software to the point of “this is working” are loads of bug reports over years. Of course all that, provided there’s an effective filter infrastructure for that = issue-tracker.

Finally someone that understands… Anyway I’ll wait for Envato to refund 40US for a product that should never hit the marketplace, after that the bug reports are going to exploit databases, that might help others to understand the real nature of Envato and its awefullt bugged products.

by
by
by
by
by
by