I was looking into some old threads and found some info about Envato encrypting the files on the Marketplace.
I have some files that I’m about to upload but wanted to double check if the reviewers or the system are encrypting our files. I don’t have swf encrypt or any of the flash obfuscation applications.
Does any one know if this is still being done to the preview files, or should I encrypt it myself?
Yes Envato uses their own encryption software for protecting our files.
which encyption software for As3 swf file?
I think I’ve had some preview trouble when uploading files using multiple swfs that need to communicate (for example, when the loaded swf dispatches an event to the parent swf).
Is anyone familiar with the new Amayeta causing problems for this type of case?
I had troubles with my AS3 projects encrypted with Amayeta. I use secureSWF instead, though Amayeta does still an excellent job for AS2 .
I think I’ve had some preview trouble when uploading files using multiple swfs that need to communicate (for example, when the loaded swf dispatches an event to the parent swf). Is anyone familiar with the new Amayeta causing problems for this type of case?Ask the reviewer not to encrypt your preview if they use Amayeta and use your on alternative encrypt method.
Amayeta have serious problem handling multiple swfs or function like super , name.substring, dispatches when using AS3 ,even on the new version ,i cant understand how this software is the world leader in swf encrypt, they wont be there for long, that’s for sure.
we use secureSWF Pro edition and it works very well. it supports AS3 and even supports AIR files directly so we can finish our project, create the AIR file and then run it through secureSWF before releasing it.
we evaluated Amayeta and disqualified it for two main reasons.
1) lots of complaints about how it handles (or does not handle) AS3
2) one of the principals at Amayeta is also the head of MDM which produces an SWF -wrapper called Zinc. We used Zinc for awhile but stopped because of poor support and a buggy product. They routinely delete or edit forum posts that are unflattering of their products and company. They just generally behave in a way we consider to be unprofessional and unethical
Frankly I am surprised ActiveDen continues to use this software given the complaints people have with it. Someone on these forums even stated that your AS3 is not being properly protected here since Amayeta does not properly encrypt them.
My advice (and remember I’m not an author here…just a buyer!) would be to purchase your own encryption software and encrypt your files yourself before submitting to ActiveDen.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.