1429 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

As we all know that tags/keywords of every file shouldn’t be more than 30 characters and it is time consuming to always count the characters of each tag. If the characters of any of the keywords is more than 30 when you are about to submit a file, you will receive a message that there is/are tag(s) with more than 30 characters and it is very stressful to start counting them.

There is a solution and best method. Go to this site: http://allworldphone.com/count-words-characters.htm You will find three tools namely ‘Word Count Calculator Form’, ‘Character Count Calculator Form’, and ‘Free Website Graphics Creation Tool’.

Use the tool form ‘Character Count Calculator Form’ to count your tag characters to make sure that none of them is more than 30. This will save you a lot of time and the submission tags error notice.

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Not sure about everyone else, but I stick to keywords rather than sentences :whistle:

IMO , I think it would be just as time consuming to visit another site, mid upload, navigate to their calculator and count the characters in my tags…

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

In addition, tags are very important TRACK LINE to every file. Your item can be rejected because of poor tags. And if your tags lack the right words that will attract traffic, your sales will be stumbling. Therefore, it is very crucial for you to maximize the tags of each of your items because it determines the magnitude of visitors and amount of sales. Sound tags are more than any online item advertisement.

Make an ‘apposite remark’ on Google and you will gain a good number of visitors and sales increase.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

I agree with Q&E, Im not sure on how Envato does there tagging but im sure smaller tags would give a better match to your items. It might be me as a web dev but on searched i do tags not 3 words in a row

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Why is ‘Right tags/keywords’? important?

• - The keywords are the words that search engine users will use to find websites/files that they are looking for. So it pays to get it right, whether you are optimizing your website meta-tags, post titles or working out which keywords to use in your next Google Adwords campaign.
  • - Choosing the right keywords and phrases for your website is an important part of the process of search engine optimization and making your site more visible to search engines and searchers alike.

There is a very important information Envato support briefly outlined that can help you to get your items accepted and limit the chances of item rejection. I have read so many THREADS posted by fellows authors concerning low sales and item rejections. A good number of us often neglect that tiny info and when our items got rejected or hardly make sales – we wonder what is the cause.

In the upload section, look at the RIGHT -SIDE, you will see that 3 important and highly useful info outlined as follow:

Get your item accepted:

• Read and follow the upload instructions.
  • Added useful tags and ensured they’re spelled.
  • Added a thorough and useful item description (this also helps buyers find your file).

Looking at factor 3 Added useful tags and ensured they’re spelled. Why is that factor very important? Because it is an important part of the process of search engine optimization. There may not be something wrong with your design but poor tags/keywords can result to item rejection. Mates, there are two articles that can help you choose the right keywords and phrase.

Read article ONE : How To Choose The Right Keywords and Phrases for Your Web Site http://websearch.about.com/od/quicktipsandtricks/ht/keyword.htm

Read article TWO : ‘Good Keywords’: Get Your Keywords Right http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/good-keywords-get-your-keywords-right

The articles above are very brief and will help you to amend your tags for better SEO . Feel free to contact Envato support for more guidelines.

In addition, there are very impressive tutorials on TUT + http://marketplace.tutsplus.com that states best SEO . You may want to check it out

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

An unbelievably pointless thread

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

An unbelievably pointless thread

To you sport! To many (newbies)... a good and useful tips.

1081 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

If you need a tags calculator, then make an extension (with javascript) for Chrome or Firefox. This is the best way.

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Shaking my head in utter disbelief.

1551 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

I am here for three month and not much understanding yet. But I never faced any need to count characters or tags for my 80 items (audio and video).

I would rather love to be able to get some statistics of buyers search and other typical action for example: 1) what rate for search any specific keyword and vs. how many items have it. 2) How offen user buy item after search this keyword 3) How many items or pages user usually preview before buy after his search 4) What is the rate for buying after search vs. after some other link like external link or through follow link or through main page etc.

By the way if any common keyword potentially have hundreds or even thousand of items is it useless to specify many standard tags at all?

Best Regards, Andrey

by
by
by
by
by
by