4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says
Great on chrome, take a look at FF . It’s amazing developers still wasting their time on this, just horrible solution with cross browsing and I don’t see it change in the next 2-3 years http://www.edankwan.com/lab/3dit
3649 posts Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Argh, the truth, it hurts! :sarcasm: I’ve been a Firefox fanboy for many a year, but things like this keep stabbing me in the side with a metaphorical fork pushing me to Chrome.. Really need to make a personal pro’s/con’s list sometime soon. ;)

But yeah, horrid cross-browsing solution. Enter Flash! :p

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Joost it’s not a flash point if it yes or no (with no mobile flash is not relevant any more, no matter what the rest of the world will calmed/say on this issue ) ,or if you prefer to surf with Chrome ,but i look at this from developer stand point ,for me it’s amazing how basic i need to go with coding due to cross browser issue and now the key in my view is in design less coding, i mean there is a limit for the amount of slides you can make with jquery

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

Nice. I’ve seen the same effect in 2007 with one of the early builds of Papervision 3D. Good times. I remember back in the days flash haters stated it was useless and stupid, now how things are changing…

By the way it doesn’t work in Opera, Firefox isn’t really fast in rendering this and Safari blurs the whole freaking thing out. The only one who renders this well is Chrome.

I’m wondering when they manage to build some serious 3D Layout, I mean a bunch of planes with a tilting camera isn’t really something new.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
RimmonTrieu Reviewer says

It will eventually reach to an acceptable performance across browsers, may be 3 to 5 years. But the selling point is that it will show on iOS regardless performance. With flash you only see a dead blue box with question mark.

I think we should keep an open mind and start experimenting with all these “features”. There have been so much changes over the last year and it actually hurts own business the most.

8112 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

nice to see the tech is getting there but agree cross browser is a pain, far easier with Flash and simple HTML backup in my opinion…

812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

^^So true…

Maybe they’ll create in flash and with the new flash suite -> compile it to javascript LOL

by
by
by
by
by
by