226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

Teams for themes.

Here’s the deal. From what I’ve seen, most users on themeforest (the majority are the ones with not so many sales).. I meen #50 on themeforest is just a little over 1000 sales.

It’s taking 1 person to build a html theme from 1 to x weeks (where 1 is a very good week with a lot of hard work).. Because you have to do design.. in 1 to x styles and then you have to make it cross browser friendly … with all styles… etc.. Very hard for 1 person.. very time consuming.. and not all are designers and coders at the same time.. let’s not even talk about wordpress..

Designer + coder+ wordpress developer is a “rare breed” that is growing out of the necessity to succeed. But why work on stuff you don’t like when you are a ACE designer? Why start coding when you can improve your design skills even more.. Why not let a coder code and a Wordpress developer do his job and you do what you do best and make awesome designs for them to code.

Let’s build teams! (and split the profits :) ). We can build faster, better products and there’s a HUGE experience: team work… Working in a team, talking to people generating friendships and giving constructive criticism, learning from your team mates that do the same things that you make and make very cool and even higher quality themes, together.

So here’s what I’m thinking about: I’m a designer + coder + wordpress developer. I like wordpress and coding css, javascript, jquery and html but I’m not that big of a designer. If you are a designer looking for a coder to make your psd into a theme, I can help!

If you are coding html and css and javascript and have some html themes here, join me.. let’s make a team that will make a faster better product!.. same for wordpress developers.. let’s make a team.. let’s make one of the coolest products on themeforest, together..

Themeforest (actually the whole envato marketplaces) will eventually bring out the profit sharing feature they promissed and we will be able to make the split much easier.. but why not start now!?

Let’s make a team! We can organize and work on 1,2 or who knows how many cool products at the same time, as a big team .

Contact me or reply here if you are interested.

226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in New Zealand
Idil-Ciise says

Are you talking about partners? if so I’m interested. will email you.

753 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
AdamGold says

Please email me through my profile, I am intersted (like you, I am html/css & php developer, designer and wordpress developer)

97 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Finland
+4 more
Smuliii says

You have received email. ;)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says

Because of some feedback I got on this project, I am no longer willing to make the team and I’m going to “fly solo” on themeforest. If you guys want, you already are a few that are willing to work 1 on 1 or in teams and you can connect and do what I said above…

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says

Haha, wow, that was a bit of a reversal. Any insight as to why you suddenly decided on the complete opposite route? :)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says
Haha, wow, that was a bit of a reversal. Any insight as to why you suddenly decided on the complete opposite route? :)

A friend saw my forum post and gave me a much better alternative.. I will work on Themeforest alone and at the same time do something else that’s really cool (but can’t talk about :P )

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

I think that is pretty funny, too. You were so passionate about teams in your original post :-)

5 posts
  • Located in China
Defendor says

I’m a good coder with 10 years experience.

Count me in !

137 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
Graphitizer says

Haha! That was preety intense LOL :P Anyhows! count me in if you change your mind.

Regards, Aviansh

by
by
by
by
by
by