1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

I’ve stopped reading Techcrunch since last year when their article started showing a huge lack amount of research, mostly random ignorant post and link bait like this: http://tcrn.ch/i67ol9

The demo is actually not really impressive comparing to what WebGL experiments have been available so far, if the author has done any real studying he must know that WebGl has existed for years, it’s not a brand new technology that “could eventually spell doom for Flash” !

His definition of WebGL is nothing more than a paraphrase from wikipedia:

Techcrunch:

“WebGL, which was officially released in March, is a graphics library that basically extends the functionality of JavaScript to allow it to create interactive 3D graphics within ye olde browser.”

Wikipedia:

“WebGL extends the capability of the JavaScript programming language to allow it to generate interactive 3D graphics within any compatible web browser.”

Shame on you techcrunch, being one of the most well known resource for technology news, your content suck and doesn’t deserve such popularity !

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

That’s so cheap… shame on them!

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Cant remember when was the time you actually open a post, look like Rim is supper angry. :P .

But really man that just a hypo since the day the matrix division start to work with SagivTech(they are the one behind this WebGL and develop the GPGPU .) but I know there focuses is manly on video 3D graphic , the link you submit is really 3-4 man job experiment ,trust me they have a very very long way to go. And they are more in to teaching stuff and open course for student as that is the only way i see if they hook up with the matrix division.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

Cant remember when was the time you actually open a post, look like Rim is supper angry. :P .

ha ! Normally I’ll tweet my random thought, but TC just becomes more and more ridiculous :|

Not many are tech savvy and that TC’s article just support those hater crowd and spread stupidity around the web.

But really man that just a hypo since the day the matrix division start to work with SagivTech(they are the one behind this WebGL and develop the GPGPU .) but I know there focuses is manly on video 3D graphic , the link you submit is really 3-4 man job experiment ,trust me they have a very very long way to go. And they are more in to teaching stuff and open course for student as that is the only way i see if they hook up with the matrix division.

I have nothing against the guys behind that demo and while I think their work are admirable, TC is a huge joke.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^ Well I never read their stuff any way :P and it’s the first time i ever cross my eyes with their website thanks to you Rim….. There are so many new article out there, i try to focused on whats real and something i can work with (I learn my lesson thanks to Steve Jobs :P )

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

There are huge amount of web developers that does hate Flash for no valid reason. I felt it from the day I started working on a company 8 years back (not just due to SJ voice). Not all good things in life have the fortune of appreciation! Flash can’t be replaced but looks like it will stay with severe bad name! :D

3715 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

It’s not so much their point of view that bothers me – everybody is entitled to hating Flash when they have a valid reason. It’s the superficialness of their comments that gets to me. As you describe, they just rephrased the first few lines of wikipedia – it’s this kind of behaviour that creates ill-informed people.

Someone just blurs out a random arousing and catchy line about a technology being bad or unsafe, and suddenly there are thousands of ‘tech experts’ stating exactly the same. :|

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

I wouldn’t be too worried about these articles. There are gazillions of alternatives claiming to be the flash killer. Think about it, they always use Flash as reference since ‘99 and still it’s here alive and kicking.

What bothers me is that gurus like mr.doob aren’t doing anything new with flash and started to play with html5 and canvas. When he was goofing around with PV3D I even didn’t know how to code in AS3 .

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

^ Just searched for mr.doob and hehe, I have seen this “Sorry, your browser doesn’t support WebGL”

I wouldn’t mind changing my browser but doing so will keep me away from understanding how most of the people experiences web today.

Edit: But as a developer it is worthy to keep eye on there. Really awesome samples without Flash :D

3715 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

@Flashedge

Didn’t know about mr.doob. Now that I do, I can see why it bothers you :P

by
by
by