52 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+2 more
ReneMerino says

Hey guys I’m confused here, I recently submitted this PSD template just to get rejected.

Here’s what I listed as features:

Clean and Minimalistic Design
One page layout
10 color variations + 2 bonus
12 PSD files
Ligh/Dark layout
Layered PSD
Fully Customizable

This is the reason they gave me:

The overall quality of your submission does not meet our technical requirements and will need to be significantly improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

I wish they were more specific as to why they rejected it, I see they said “technical requirements” but since they don’t have a list of their technical requirements(or maybe I havent find it) it leaves me doing some guess work.

All my files are layered, in folders and with proper names so i dont know what I’m I doing wrong.

If you guys have any idea or feedback for me I would highly appreciated.

Thanks.

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Hello, “does not meet technical requirements” rather means “the item is not good enough” or “quality is not high”, it is not about naming layers or similar things, it is about overall quality of the item (in case of PSD (especially!) aesthetics, uniqueness of design, attention to details are extremely important). You made everything right, do not think about naming layers, colour variations etc, think only about the design quality of your template.

52 posts
+2 more
ReneMerino says

This is what I submitted any feedback would be appreciated

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ReaxionGraphics says

I won’t say much since I haven’t made my first submission – but did you submit it without sample image content?

It looks like a good start but I think you need to build it up creatively – if you submit it again you’ll probably get the “it looks like a free theme” or something, and then you’ll get the “look at the themes of our top sellers ” or something… but I think you have a nice clean framework to start with, you’re just half done!

Good luck!

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
iamthwee says

This won’t make it as a .psd.

Maybe as a html though.

52 posts
+2 more
ReneMerino says

This won’t make it as a .psd. Maybe as a html though.

I originally thought of submitting it as a PSD and if it gets accepted then to the HTML and if that got accepted to the wordpress would follow up.

52 posts
+2 more
ReneMerino says

I won’t say much since I haven’t made my first submission – but did you submit it without sample image content?

It looks like a good start but I think you need to build it up creatively – if you submit it again you’ll probably get the “it looks like a free theme” or something, and then you’ll get the “look at the themes of our top sellers ” or something… but I think you have a nice clean framework to start with, you’re just half done!

Good luck!

yes i’ve looked at the top sellers and I can spot a few(wont same names or link them) that look more plain than this one, they are however in HTML . It would be nice if I would know for certain that if it got accepted in HTML I would give it a go but thats not the case, I’ll make some improvements and resubmit nontheless, if not the HTML it is…

812 posts
iamthwee says

I originally thought of submitting it as a PSD and if it gets accepted then to the HTML and if that got accepted to the wordpress would follow up.

This seems logical, but it is in fact wrong.

The photoshop category is the hardest to get into. You need an amazing design! Most likely if you submit this as a photoshop file the reviewer may hint as to whether this might get accepted in the html group.

So for that reason alone, it might be worth submitted it as a psd file before you begin to code this for html. And then of course. we are assuming you will write standard code that validates…

52 posts
+2 more
ReneMerino says

This seems logical, but it is in fact wrong.

The photoshop category is the hardest to get into. You need an amazing design! Most likely if you submit this as a photoshop file the reviewer may hint as to whether this might get accepted in the html group.

So for that reason alone, it might be worth submitted it as a psd file before you begin to code this for html. And then of course. we are assuming you will write standard code that validates…

this is what they said, no mention or hint to any html though

Thank you for taking the time to submit your item. Unfortunately this item does not meet our current technical quality requirements and cannot be accepted at this time. Please continue reading for additional information.

The overall quality of your submission does not meet our technical requirements and will need to be significantly improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

812 posts
iamthwee says

That’s a canned reply…

OK your only option with THIS one is to code it as a HTML and then go from there.

by
by
by
by
by
by