• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Hi,

I’m currently working on a template, but I’m already planning for another one which is intended to be a template for audiojungle authors.
But before I do my research on this I would like to ask all the authors what are you expecting from such a template? Does an average audiojungle author have knowledge about setting up wordpress, using ftp, having many options, or should the template be ‘bullet’-proof? (sry, don’t want to insult anybody). How about portfolio? social networks? Anything else?

Any infos on this would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

1118 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Hello Infuse

As i have been working on one as well, but never finished it (lack of time)... i could share my knowledge about that with you if you like.

Drop me a line under media@soniccube.ch

Thank you :)

1989 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Hi

A template… that sounds very interesting. Fact about me is: I don’t know very much about WP and webdesign. i’m just familiar with ftp (because i use it to transfer files from my customers in my studio and vice versa). Of course i could learn some more stuff about WP & co, but to be honest, i rather spend more time composing and producing music, that’s what i really like to do. So, if there’s anything that makes it easy for me to make my profile nicer-looking it’s perfect! If it’s bullet proof, it’s even better!! :D I’m curious for your template!

62 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Germany
berlinsound says

Foolproof (well documented), simple design(one page layout) and a responsive theme counts most for me – aside quick loading time. Portfolio!!!: An integrated audio player (may be one of the AJ ones) or AJ radio integration is also very important – and I would also like to show photos and (self hosted/youtube) videos in “light box” or “fancy box”. Is this possible? Why is WP superior to html5 with css3? Everyone is asking about a WP-theme in the comments of html templates.

Your “folio” template has drawn my attention – even before I saw this thread here (real coincidence). I quite like the design and functionality. Would probably buy it – but it crashes safari on my iPhone 3g all the time. Is this device (iOS 4.2) just to old? I also would like to see this video and audio functionality.

Oh: A client area (pw protection) would be handy :)

regards, berlinsound

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
infuse01 says

Wow, truly great responses so far, thanks to everyone.

@soniccube I’ll definitely come back to you, cheers

@berlinsound the most people choose WP over a simple HTML Template because of its ease to administrate. Simple login and having a mask to input is data is much easier than messing in code – i can fully understand that as a developer. And HTML5 and CSS3 can also be used in WP Themes so there is actually not much difference in terms of visual features or technical base.

Thank you very much for your kind words about folio. Yeah, you’re right it does perform not so good on older devices. I try to fix some issues with the next update and I go to test it also on iphone 3g.

@matsteiner ok so its basically as I thought in the first place. Such a template should be as easy as possible to manage. I guess I’m going to develope a simple theme for wordpress with all those features mentioned above, such as video and audio support, fancybox, ajax loading, support for the AJ player and more. Hopefully the new AJ player is in a stable version available soon.

Thanks again to everyone. If anyone has some more ideas I would love to hear (read) them. :)

83 posts
Creativedot says

Interesting! I am a web developer/designer and i know how to use and customise (sometimes) wordpress. What exactly will you add and how would an AJ author use it? Wordpress is definitely the way to go , and make sure you add a loop function on the audio player…

62 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
berlinsound says

Cool, so then simple wordpress is the way to go :) What do you think would be the development time of such a theme? I’m facing a complete redesign of my webpage in the near future.

83 posts
Creativedot says

Also make sure it works on ipads and portable devices…

Currently audiojungle player doesnt work on ipads…which is a shame really , it would be great if it did!!

1989 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Cool! Like berlinsound (Gruss nach Berlin!) i’m very interested in the timeline you plan to release your project, cause i really should make something on by sad standrad website…getting too much files but nothing nice to look at…

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
infuse01 says

@creativedot actually thats the reason why I would love to have the new AJ Player as Stable Version. I’m talking about this one: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/new-embedded-html5-audio-player-for-audio-jungle/74819 which will be based on HTML5 and therefore capable of playing on mobile and tablet devices as well.

@berlinsound sry, have forgot to ask about: what exactly do you mean with client are? Should your clients be able to login from the frontend? What should they see? Restriced Content? Do you have as an audiojungle author the same support process as authors from other marketplaces? How should they be able to register? With Purchase Code Verification?

@ETA basically I wanted to make another theme first, and since theme development can take up some time it wouldn’t be ready until next year – but now as I see the relative high demand in such themes I’m going to start a new design today which will be converted into a theme in the following weeks. I cannot say it for sure but I guess it should be ready, rejected (lol) and published with the end of november.

So if you have any suggestions left, don’t hesitate to post them here :)

PS: I’m also going to have a look if I can implement the API of Envato in anyway, that it benefits the user of that theme. Let’s see what I can come up with :D

by
by
by
by
by
by