451 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

Finally! Finally someone is talking about this. I have spent to much hours searching for WP theme for my AJ music. I can’t find anything good for be, becouse I make music, not websites, so it’s should be simple. Simple with installation, customisation and using.

And I don’t think that this AJ theme must have “register/login” function. There is more important thing – advanced search.

I hope this helps. And sorry for my bad English.

894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

Nope your english is just fine. Thanks for your comment and for the suggestions. :)

72 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
berlinsound says

Oh, please don’t get me wrong. I didn’t mean this kind of log in has anything to do with AJ. Or registration. I’m primarily looking for a theme to show off my portfolio which includes not only compositions. I sometimes do freelance work. Therefore the login area is a section where I can supply content (finished videos, edited dialog, mixes etc.) for clients. Maybe I just create links to this content and send them via email and via .htaccess they have to verify. So no real user area. Does that make sense infuse01? You know what I mean? Is it secure? Cheers, berlinsound and greetings from Berlin. Have a nice weekend.

894 posts
+5 more
infuse01 says

Of course it makes sense. It is a feature which can be really useful for many audiojungle authors and therefore it should be taken serious. And of course I try to implement a proper solution for that – maybe with the help of a plugin (you know, theme supports plugin xy), because htaccess would be ok but not easy enough.

I already have some experience with Frontend Login with Wordpress but just wanted to know how it should look. Should all registered users are able to see the same? Should they have per-user restricted content? That was what was playing in my mind. But now, with your last reply, I have a much clearer image now.

Schöne Grüße nach Berlin und schönes WE :D

72 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
berlinsound says

Ah yeah, user-restricted content when they log-in. But Hey that would incorporate php and database wouldn’t it? Could make The theme quite heavy. Not everyone would need it but it would increase the price of that theme. So maybe I could realize it myself using plug-ins. Stability and usabilty is king. No flickering when loading and short loading times on desktop devices and on mobile ones as well . Such a webpage would be my business front end. Keep it rather simple. So that’s all for now. Wish you good luck with it. Will definitely have a look when it comes out. Cheers

894 posts
+5 more
infuse01 says

You have a good point with that, but PHP and MySQL don’t make the theme heavy at all. In fact if you have 100 items in your portfolio an Single HTML File also can become large in filesize and therefore needs more time to load. IMHO it does not matter much – except for the usability for the admin. But either way, since I’m going to make a wordpress theme PHP and MySQL is already involved. And if it is well developed you won’t notice that much difference. I’m sure :D

by
by
by
by
by
by