2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
the7arts says

Hy guys, i’am new around here, i work as a freelancer for some years and recently started to take a look at Envato.

i have a question that couldn’t find the answer, let’s say that i want to make an after effects template to promote a phone or a tablet, am i allowed to film/shoot/recreate the specific user interface of the device and post it on the device, for example an iPhone promoting template in which the phone goes trough diffrent parts of the sistem ex: messaging browsing photo gallery

53 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Visualact says

Hi the7arts,

Based on my experience in VH any usage of apple product’s UI is prohibited because of apples “unique” copyright and your template will be rejected by VH reviewer. If you are forced to show something appearing in the screen it’s best if it’s your own graphic or CC material.

In my case I used snapshots of envato websites. http://bit.ly/122oM5c

Best of luck -Yasush

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
the7arts says

hy man, thanks for your replay, so i guess if i want to make something that relates to apple, android or anything else i have to make something my self that looks alike. I get that, but knowing that the end product would be something that helps them promote their product, i tought that i can use the UI from their products.

536 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
Farley_Design says

You can make something similar but with different naming and without their logos. Take a look at other iWhatever templates here and everything will be clearer ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by