4 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
msathesh says

Hi all,

My template got rejected today. As this is my first theme to themeforest, I’m a bit lost here. The response I got from themeforest is this:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

My theme URL is at: http://clubnewman.clensi.com/

Any help is really appreciated.

1 post
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Magentoro says

hi good theme by the way but not unique 1 – you have to add extra items in footer looks poor 2- the scrollbar need to be fixed in FF 3- the 3 blocks in header “design , Recruitment ,etc..” not the same height 4- you need to improve the typography

thanks

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
msathesh says

hi good theme by the way but not unique 1 – you have to add extra items in footer looks poor 2- the scrollbar need to be fixed in FF 3- the 3 blocks in header “design , Recruitment ,etc..” not the same height 4- you need to improve the typography thanks

Magentoro, thanks for your suggestions. Appreciate it..

34 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
defonic says

1. Don’t get frustrated with a 1st time reject, it happens to the best of us. Just keep trying. 2. You received the same response all of us have hundred times over (reviewers need to be more specific in my mind).

Theme seems a little ‘plain’ and typography seems to be all over the place, try some different colors for headlines and sub headlines. Just seems like to much ‘grey’.

I see it’s a responsive approach although I’m also getting a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom in Mozilla, might just be me though. Overall it’s a great start. Keep up the good work.

Check out http://www.responsinator.com/

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
msathesh says

1. Don’t get frustrated with a 1st time reject, it happens to the best of us. Just keep trying. 2. You received the same response all of us have hundred times over (reviewers need to be more specific in my mind).

Theme seems a little ‘plain’ and typography seems to be all over the place, try some different colors for headlines and sub headlines. Just seems like to much ‘grey’.

I see it’s a responsive approach although I’m also getting a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom in Mozilla, might just be me though. Overall it’s a great start. Keep up the good work.

Check out http://www.responsinator.com/

Thanks for the comment defonic. You’re a legend. You’ve helped me uncover a few things already. Thank you.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
msathesh says

I got my theme rejected for the second time. It’s a valid HTML5 and CSS3 theme. Themeforest reviewer doesn’t give any valuable feedback other than the copy pasted message. I seriously wonder whether the reviewing process is an automated one!!

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

Not helpful for an amateur designer submitting a very first to themeforest.

2152 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says
  • services boxes are flat
  • in recent post vertical space is too much
  • Footer looks empty too
  • In some sections headings & text appear without padding-left & other section yes
by
by
by
by
by
by