16 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
TahsinAhmed says

I like colors , i think the content on boxes need more paddings .. services section looks outdated try better graphics , be carefull with spacing throughout the site .

Thanks for helping me out. The problem is that they didn’t give me a clue about what i should change. It would be helpful to leave some hint instead of “Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.” :(

2180 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

ow , yes its true .. sad , I’ve been there at least 10 times , its normal , a matter of time ..

42 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • India
Ameh says

Your theme looks beautiful and Nice , But still i have some of my Suggestions

You can add a search Button , and can also try will repositioning your featured content from bottom to some where in the middle

your Line heights some Rethinking.

16 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
TahsinAhmed says

Your theme looks beautiful and Nice , But still i have some of my Suggestions

You can add a search Button , and can also try will repositioning your featured content from bottom to some where in the middle

your Line heights some Rethinking.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. So as I understand, I have to do the followings:

1. Increase padding around boxes. 2. Increase the margin around the site contents. 3. Make changes to the featured content, maybe add other sections like client logos. 4. Fix validation errors (caused by google map).

Are these enough? Everyone seems to like the template but it’s really disappointing as they are not accepting it….

43 posts
  • Exclusive Author
kluska says

Ok, my suggestions

-unify paddings (for example bottom tile title has different paddings than its content)

-tiles are overfull. When you take post content inside it, take shorter ammount of text

-i think tile icons should be a little smaller

-header typography (especially logo) is not unified with rest of page

-i would consider animation easing more similar to win 8 one

-for me all the theme needs some MAIN POINT – I mean place when you first focus your attention, some center of page – its all the same. I know win 8 is tile based, but you can try some ‘welcome’ message or something

-header should be distanced somehow with rest of page – its distance now is the same as between each tile – it make all site feels ‘compressed as much as possible’

-i would read oryginal msdn typography guides (consider some subtitles 0.8, 0.6 opacity)

-and basicly I think tile paddings all should be bigger

I’ve played a little with your theme css, here some image – http://postimage.org/image/hxb83xb87/full/ – it still does not look as it should imo, but maybe it will give you some fresh breath.

And also consider some good set of photos and colors – it often gives huge kick – http://labs.tineye.com/multicolr here you can get some cc photos by color

16 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
TahsinAhmed says

Ok, my suggestions

-unify paddings (for example bottom tile title has different paddings than its content)

-tiles are overfull. When you take post content inside it, take shorter ammount of text

-i think tile icons should be a little smaller

-header typography (especially logo) is not unified with rest of page

-i would consider animation easing more similar to win 8 one

-for me all the theme needs some MAIN POINT – I mean place when you first focus your attention, some center of page – its all the same. I know win 8 is tile based, but you can try some ‘welcome’ message or something

-header should be distanced somehow with rest of page – its distance now is the same as between each tile – it make all site feels ‘compressed as much as possible’

-i would read oryginal msdn typography guides (consider some subtitles 0.8, 0.6 opacity)

-and basicly I think tile paddings all should be bigger

I’ve played a little with your theme css, here some image – http://postimage.org/image/hxb83xb87/full/ – it still does not look as it should imo, but maybe it will give you some fresh breath.

And also consider some good set of photos and colors – it often gives huge kick – http://labs.tineye.com/multicolr here you can get some cc photos by color

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. Really appreciate it! I am starting to work on this template again. However, don’t you think increasing the bottom margin of the header would break the unified structure of the template? This theme is utilizing the same margin across the site :

http://www.olevmedia.com/themes/preview/?item=metro

But I agree with the other points you said. Again, thank you very much for a detailed feedback. :)

89 posts Live. Love. ASAP
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
liviu_cerchez says

This is nice, but still has room for improvement. I would consider adding search or filter functionality on homepage: a search box in the header (maybe showed via a toggle search icon) or a quicksand/isotope filter just like in the folio page. Footer could use a redesign, it looks simple, maybe too simple – try incorporating 3/4 columns for footer widgets (pages, about us, contact form, flickr feed, latest tweets, stuff like that). On the features page you could add tab containers, accordions, sliders or lightbox galleries – stuff that users could use in any of their pages. Also, some CSS3 animation won’t hurt – try to use them on subtle elements. Nice template anyway, just try to offer as much options to the buyer as you can and you’ll get approved.

16 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
TahsinAhmed says

This is nice, but still has room for improvement. I would consider adding search or filter functionality on homepage: a search box in the header (maybe showed via a toggle search icon) or a quicksand/isotope filter just like in the folio page. Footer could use a redesign, it looks simple, maybe too simple – try incorporating 3/4 columns for footer widgets (pages, about us, contact form, flickr feed, latest tweets, stuff like that). On the features page you could add tab containers, accordions, sliders or lightbox galleries – stuff that users could use in any of their pages. Also, some CSS3 animation won’t hurt – try to use them on subtle elements. Nice template anyway, just try to offer as much options to the buyer as you can and you’ll get approved.

Thanks for boosting my confidence. :D

I have been working on this template for 2+ months and it is my first time. However, thanks for the advice. I will make sure to add these. Btw, You can browse all the features from the sidebar. (tabs, accordions etc.)

43 posts
  • Exclusive Author
kluska says

About header – imo this or other way you just need to give page some space or make it differece between each areas. They cant be mixed. And so they are in theme you’ve send link to.

And I wanted to say for example your blog page is just great (excluding header). Consider mixing it somehow with homepage, just knowing it looks better than homepage imo.

16 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
TahsinAhmed says

About header – imo this or other way you just need to give page some space or make it differece between each areas. They cant be mixed. And so they are in theme you’ve send link to. And I wanted to say for example your blog page is just great (excluding header). Consider mixing it somehow with homepage, just knowing it looks better than homepage imo.

I understand what you are trying to say. Yes, the style shifts too much among homepage and other pages. I will bring the modules (mayb client logos from achievements page) in the homepage. :)

Thanks man.

by
by
by
by
by
by