7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dbycreative says

Some of you guys have had reviewers who have explained in more than two sentences what is wrong with the template you have worked so hard on. My reviewer isnt one of those.

I’ve submitted this template twice. http://www.boomstrap.com

The first time I got rejected, it was without any comment. Harsh. We try so hard to build templates, and they point us to the knowledgebase, which I’ve already tried my best to read and follow. The knowledgebase has everything from file licensing to folder structure to the tone and manner of the code & content.

After various changes were made such as alignments, mentioning of licensing in files and cleanup & commenting of code, making the pictures higher quality, upgrading of jquery plugins to latest versions, we’re rejected again.

This is the reason I’ve got:
The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design.

“significant enough to change the look and feel of the site” <- Exactly how significant? Isnt the site simple and clean right now? There are templates out there on themeforest that are way messier and harder to navigate than this.

C’mon themeforest. Design is subjective. A successful theme here is minting money. Why don’t you spend a little more time to tell us what exactly we could improve? At least point us in the right direction? This is a theme with 60+ distinct pages. Why not tell us where to start?

You were a designer once in your life probably. Don’t you hate it when a client says “Oh i dont like it and says NOTHING about it?”

Guys, any ideas?

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

First relax and then do exactly what the reviewer said, work hard on it.

Your layout design looks messy and dull to me. You need to pay attention to small details. For example look at the logo in your menu, its not aligned well with the rest of the menu items:

You have inconsistent paddings and margins.

Hope it helps.

7 posts
+1 more
dbycreative says

First relax and then do exactly what the reviewer said, work hard on it.

Your layout design looks messy and dull to me. You need to pay attention to small details. For example look at the logo in your menu, its not aligned well with the rest of the menu items:

You have inconsistent paddings and margins.

Hope it helps.

You’re helping. Thanks a lot. Are you on Chrome on Windows? I’ll be fixing the padding and margins from scratch. Any feedback on the fonts? We wanted to keep the colors minimal… not go overboard.

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

Are you on Chrome on Windows?

No, Firefox on Win 7.

1034 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
BenSheppard says

It looks incredibly cramped and incredibly unprofessional

The drop down doesn’t work well, nice idea bad execution

Site index button hidden due to “to the top” button

With the different fonts, weird colour pallet etc nothing seems to go together

7 posts
+1 more
dbycreative says

It looks incredibly cramped and incredibly unprofessional

The drop down doesn’t work well, nice idea bad execution

Site index button hidden due to “to the top” button

With the different fonts, weird colour pallet etc nothing seems to go together

Thanks for your feedback. Will work on the palette and make the back to top a little more usable.

About the dropdown – nice idea – bad execution? Would you mid just telling me which part was the bad execution?

154 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

I would add to do something with that banner: First of all get rid of that ugly dirty girl and get some hipster looking one, still gives that nerdy feeling but you still have somebody hot. Also, dont have white backgrounds, get some gradient/texture/pattern in there. Finally, properly cut the images, that cheetah looks like it as been cropped by my blind grandma, pay attention to those little details.

Hope that helps

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

7 posts
+1 more
dbycreative says

Guys, you’ve all been amazing. Thanks a lot for the ideas. Not going to force any more out of you, but do tell me if you have any more input. I would do so as much as I can.

by
by
by
by
by
by