I create the following template for theme forest. But it was rejected.
Reviewer says that” Your template’s design has a good concept going so far but, unfortunately, doesn’t yet offer the level of quality required for approval at this time. The design will need improvements in general aspects such as graphics, typography and element spacing “
Guys please help me by giving me your opinion or suggestions of improvement. Here is the link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7113477/02_Home.jpg
Thank you so much in advance!
not very detailed….. too much black… too less details..
Please let me know what to improve
make it unique.. not just a black background.. make some elements… make some research and then make a design… i am not a designer but i can tell you that is the process..
I really like your idea of the theme – it looks very feminine, I miss that on TF! The improvements you made are definitely going the right way! I like the background very much, the pattern makes me feel comfortable!
I suggest the following:
- Work on the submenu. More padding top and bottom, maybe white background with dotted li bottom border as you got below the first level menu, sans serif font and a little bigger.
- Work on the spacing:
- More spacing needed between header and slider, make it as much as bottom margin of slider. In general, try to use spacing repeatedly in your theme, that leads the eye of the spectator.
- More spacing between blog posts
- More spacing between contact form and button
- More padding in your lists between icon and text
- More padding between social media icons
- Hierarchy: Blog posts may like same heading as page headings are
- General: Try using serif font only for the headings, maybe get some @font-face
- Link: Link color grey is too dark. I wouldn’t underline the links. Only on hover.
- More line-height: try adding line-height: 1.5em;
- The animation of the thumbnails in the slider confused me a bit. Maybe you can try to make them move to the side instead of vertically.
- Fancy stuff: Try to make some elements a little prettier, as the pagination of the portfolio and the read more buttons
- Alignment: align the header limits to the slider and the content.
- Try to fancy up the blog post meta a bit. The meta looks lost somehow.
That’s my first glossy 2 cent and since you asked for it I tried to be as specific as possible Basically, I agree with the reviewers opinion, so that’s what I was trying to focus on. Don’t take my suggestions as the ultimate solution, but one or two things may help you.
I hope I could help,
Thanks a lot GC. your suggestions help me a lot.
Align menu with logo,
Add more padding to buttons
Align “Connect with me” with the center of social share icons.
Make a typography page showing different typographic elements.
Make the comment box bigger vertically..
Not sure about the sidebar border color…
Increase line height for list element.
Love your theme, both 1st and the changes you did also. Consider including both when you sell.
As to it being rejected, don’t put up with the reviewers bullshit. There are other marketplaces out there where you can sell on (We are not allowed to post them here, go figure). The one that I have recently been impressed with starts with mojo.
It’s their loss for rejecting it.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.