815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says
And an “email me when my purchased item is updated” button (like the email option in the forums) would be great :)

+1000

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
New reviews/approvals are absolutely vital to ensure no errors were made during changes/updates, or we would be giving out refunds left and right because authors would make big mistakes or completely forget files, happens all the time. It also does help guard against malicious activity and ensure that quality is maintained on the marketplaces, it does all of the above :)

I understand your points and they are all valid… but one left out is that it slows the process of a satisfactory delivery down… As authors, we can’t always predict how our items will be implemented and I’m sure even the best of us miss things that should have been caught through our initial review or through Envato’s initial review of quality/standards…

When a purchaser finds those quality blemishes… the faults lies in both our hands (Envato & the Authors)... so when they contact me, the author, and I create a fix for them as quick as possible… Envato, being the middle man is slowing the standards of quality and a good customer experience down… not taking a shot at the team… just looking at this through a customers eyes….

How Envato fixes it is up to them, however it is a problem I believe…

I totally understand where you are coming from, and agree with you that in a perfect world, item updates would (and theoretically should) go quicker review wise than submitted items.

I disagree that Envato in anyway is “slowing down quality”, while waiting a bit for an item update to be review may not be ideal, Envato is, in my opinion, the highest quality you will get on the web. Honestly, most items are reviewed within 24-72 hours and I just do not see this as a HUGE issue, it’s pretty quick in my opinion.

Basically, it’s not a perfect system, it won’t ever be, but we can certainly and always should be taking steps to improve it for everyone! I think that starts with you guys and threads like this. I know it sounds lame, but we really do listen to and report these ideas. I personally browse the TF forums all the time and constantly chat about issues brought up with the staff.

I think the developers have received a more than extreme amount of suggestions lately and are working hard on a ton of things at the moment. That’s not to say this isn’t a priority or changes won’t be implemented, but in such a big system like the marketplaces, these changes take a lot more time than people care to allow us (some people often say things like, “shouldn’t take but a minute to implement!” this may be true on a small website; not on the marketplaces).

Point being, I do agree would be nice if there was a system for pushing updates through even more quickly and we’re all ears to reasonable suggestions and ideas anyone has. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on all the thoughts mentioned here :)

659 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
luckykind says

Maybe “slowing down quality” was bad wording (my wife gets on me about my bluntness all the time ;)

I’m just in the business of keeping my customers happy if I can and when I can give them no more information than a couple of days on a minor update… (minor to you and me anyways, major to them).. well then I just see an area for improvement…

None the less… I know you guys work hard behind the scenes, and taking the time to listen to suggestions on improvement is much appreciated on this end… ;)

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I’ve skimmed through the thread so forgive me if I’ve missed anything vital. I just wanted to mention that it’s been stated before that some reviewers are comfortable with authors notifying them when they have submitted an update.

I’m one of those reviewers. If you shoot me an email via my profile page, letting me know you’ve submitted an update, I’ll do my best to get to it asap. In many instances, I’m able to get to it pretty much right away. After this was previously mentioned in the forums, I was surprised to see that only a few authors actually did this. Anyway, hope this helps a bit!

659 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
luckykind says
I’ve skimmed through the thread so forgive me if I’ve missed anything vital. I just wanted to mention that it’s been stated before that some reviewers are comfortable with authors notifying them when they have submitted an update. I’m one of those reviewers. If you shoot me an email via my profile page, letting me know you’ve submitted an update, I’ll do my best to get to it asap. In many instances, I’m able to get to it pretty much right away. After this was previously mentioned in the forums, I was surprised to see that only a few authors actually did this. Anyway, hope this helps a bit!

Wow… really nice of you Jarel… I’ll take you up on that next time I have an update ;)

116 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
finsta2 says
And an “email me when my purchased item is updated” button (like the email option in the forums) would be great :)

OMG yes Why hasn’t this been implemented yet? Customers first authors second :P

86 posts
  • Located in Netherlands
Luukratief says
OMG yes Why hasn’t this been implemented yet? Customers first authors second :P

Indeed, that would be great!

by
by
by
by
by
by