9 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
webarc says

Hi,

I’d like to know if it is allowed if a Web hosting company was allowed to sell Themeforest themes to their clients, however the profits go to the template owner.

Basically what I mean is, a Web Hosting company allowed to advertise/list templates on their site without profiteering?

Thanks.

3122 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

you could use the affiliate program http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program

9 posts
  • United Kingdom
webarc says

you could use the affiliate program http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program

Thanks for you reply, that’s all good, however affiliate program is much more suited for an individual user rather than a business…I was looking in terms for an API as such?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I know that this exact question has been asked for years and I can only go from memory – basically what you want to do is show an image of the template / theme etc and then you have to buy a license per order – nothing wrong with that.

Jonathan

9 posts
  • United Kingdom
webarc says

I know that this exact question has been asked for years and I can only go from memory – basically what you want to do is show an image of the template / theme etc and then you have to buy a license per order – nothing wrong with that. Jonathan

Exactly, He/She picks and chooses template of their desire from Themeforest listed on my site, profits go to Theme Authors etc..

I believe Themeforest should make an API for this.

9 posts
  • United Kingdom
webarc says

Any info on this suggestion?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Any info on this suggestion?

You won’t get an answer to an api extension request on a public forum :)

But a heads up – something like an addition to the current API offering would take “considerable time” to get through Envato I’m afraid ;)

Jonathan

15 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mcongosto says

I’m sorry for bump this post but this is exactly what I was looking for.

Affiliate is very different from reseller. I buy and customize templates for my customers (the don’t buy them themselves) and I think there should be a price differentiation for business like us that buy templates for customers regulary and a indicidual bying a single template to customize it himself.

Actually an API would help me a lot for example to build a catalog for my customers to chose form. That’s what we do with Template mosnter (http://catalogo.y2kwebs.com/) but their themplates are not as good as themeforest’s :)

I’m very new to TF, this has probably been discussed before, but any tip will be welcome.

regards,

584 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

I’m sorry for bump this post but this is exactly what I was looking for.

Affiliate is very different from reseller. I buy and customize templates for my customers (the don’t buy them themselves) and I think there should be a price differentiation for business like us that buy templates for customers regulary and a indicidual bying a single template to customize it himself.

Sorry to say this but you must be joking!! You want an even lower price, for the quality stuff you already get for it??? Come on dude! You already only pay 40 to 50 dollar for a fully functional Wordpress theme with tons of options, with a development worth of at least times 50!

I’m going to reference you to this post: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/author-recognition/85423

People are out of their mind these days..

15 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mcongosto says

I am not joking, I strongly disagree with you and definitively don’t appreciate your tone.

We are ALL doing business here. If I’m buying 50+ templates a year it is normal to ask for a better price. Its a simple and very popular concept, I don’t get why it makes you hit the exclamation and question mark keys so many times. B2B vs B2C.

There might be other reasonable explanations of why there is not a resellers/developers program for bulk buyers.

regards,

by
by
by
by
by
by