2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ultimatetrainer says

I just purchased x theme. I read a post before buying that i could upload the theme to a test domain. I have a parked domain or can set up sub domain. Just want to clarify that i can set entire site up on test domain and publish to check and work with site. Totally new to wordpress but use rapid weaver now so just the dashboard alone is completely new. Then when all is ready switch to the original domain from my hostgator dashboard and set site up there? After building the entire site is there a simple method to switching over to the original domain and have the entire site there? Hope that is not a confusing question, not use to a web based set up.

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi ultimatetrainer, welcome to ThemeForest, this is a general open forum. The appropriate support section for this item, if offered, can be found here.

Please follow the instructions provided in the link above to interact directly with the author, where he’ll be able to point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, this thread will also remain open, welcoming any/all feedback from the community, in case someone does have an accurate solution for you. Your patience is appreciated. Thanks and good luck.

1813 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

The proposed setup you mentioned should work :)

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ultimatetrainer says

Thanks Dzinc and SamBerson, Have been using a parked domain and working well. The learning curve from Rapidweaver is pretty big. I have not scratched the surface yet. I do not know any coding. Rapidweaver developers have some css snippets to help in that area but not much. Any plug-ins that may have snippets for basics like margins, colors text resizing for headers etc in CSS. Thank you!

by
by
by
by
by
by