738 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says

Just a thoughts… if the prices of music tracks are rising, why the prices on the music packs stay the same? each of them contain of minimum 4+ tracks…:)

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
HolyHammer says

I certainly wouldn’t mind a little extra money for my humble submissions. Experimenting first is a good plan.

2723 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says
Just a thoughts… if the prices of music tracks are rising, why the prices on the music packs stay the same? each of them contain of minimum 4+ tracks…:)

Music Pack prices right now are being calculated in the same way as before BUT we ARE taking into account the new +$1 price for each file inside your pack. So there might be some subtle differences/increase than before, but not always due to the way we calculate the price. We do have a maximum price limit on packs presently however.

As Collis said, a price review as a whole throughout our entire site is currently being discussed and we’ll let you know if/when any changes are forthcoming. The +$1 increase Collis mentioned is just an initial/temporary test.

2723 posts
+17 more
First of all – you want find tunes that sound like some one just fired up first time in his life FL studio and stick few samples and notes calling it “trance”.

You shouldn’t be finding those kind of tracks here either. :) If you know of any like that that have been published on our site recently, please send links to me personally (sitemanager@audiojungle.net). DO NOT post them in the forums out of respect for your fellow authors.

As an aside, we’re getting very close to having a system in place that will make it super easy for us to remove any lower quality items that may have got through when we first launched, but are no longer appropriate due to the higher quality standards we now have in place.

59 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Argentina
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
yio says

Rather than +$1 to every single item or pack, I think you should first establish ranges, then increase prices according to that.

I mean, i.e., sound files that are less than 1 second long should stay the same, or they will be overrated.

On the other hand, longer sounds’ prices could be increased by $1, short songs by 2 bucks, and so on.

However, I think pricing items is a subjective matter. Because of its originality, some sounds should be worth more than other ordinary sounds like button clicks. Some sounds, even when they are very short, are difficult to take, find or create or are unique. This kind of sounds worth more than the others.

Any way, since subjective pricing could create a big chaos if each contributor claims re-price one of his items as he feels it is underrated, I guess lengths ranges is more appropriate.

2723 posts
+17 more
Any way, since subjective pricing could create a big chaos if each contributor claims re-price one of his items as he feels it is underrated, I guess lengths ranges is more appropriate.

Exactly. That’s our current logic. :)

That said, and I’m not saying this is coming or not, I kinda like the idea of “rewarding” super high quality, well engineered/produced tracks with a “bonus bump” in price. Meaning, we’d still have our strict structure of pricing based on length, but those particularly brilliant tracks, could be given an extra bump in price.

But we’ll see. We’re working on it. We have to factor in a lot of issues and it takes more than one person to decide on the best way forward. :)

346 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
musicformedia says

Great to see that this is being looked into and that developments are coming along in this part of the site. Might come back if all goes well :)

17 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
voxxmusic says

i have never been happy with the 40 per cent we get.. i think authors show get most of the price. but anyhow you are the boss!

i strongly recomend you guys reconsider comission rates! cheers

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
scores_music says
i have never been happy with the 40 per cent we get.. i think authors show get most of the price. but anyhow you are the boss! i strongly recomend you guys reconsider comission rates! cheers

yeah i agree with voxxmusic you should also increase the comission rates as well :-( I THINK IT SHOULD BE MINIMUM OF 50 -50

1051 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Sonicbyte says

Hey guys, I think you didn’t see the news:

New Rates

Cheers

by
by