572 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
BoxedCreative says

Sounds exciting and intrigued at the same time! Look forward to seeing what all this leads to… :)

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Collis, you already have many services which needs some investment of develoment resources. Please don’t pull the dev team into new projects! We need experienced and important staff’s brain to be invested on currently running marketplaces – not always for new services. :impatient:

247 posts I wield art like a gun, but I aim to please you
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SeraphimChris says

Very interesting, looking forward to seeing the finished version. B-)

104 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+8 more
everytuesday says

I have to say I’m a little concerned as well that this pricing will negatively affect our industry. Any customer could contact the author of their item to perform the listed services to the benefit of the author rather than a company. Please consider all of us authors who have contributed to these marketplaces to make them what they are. And as VF mentioned above, as well as many past forum posts, marketplaces as they are need dev investments prior to new ventures. I am so grateful for what you’ve built here, just asking for a step back to consider what offering these services at these prices could mean for each of us, and our industry as a whole.

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

I agree with VF, by the way I love you Collis you’re true a pioneer and our best boss! Keep it up!

209 posts Make art not war!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+12 more
EAMejia says

I’m a little confused with this new service, what is the benefit to the authors and marketplace? Correct me if I’m wrong… I see that would eliminate the possibility that the seller perform the customization work. Looking forward for more information :)

1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback, and a couple of important issues raised – is this taking away marketplace resources, and isn’t this something for the sellers to handle and at a price they see fit.

In respect to the first question: marketplace resources, it’s actually a separate team working on this project, the marketplaces have been steadily getting more and more resourced and are still hiring aggressively. This team is a very small team exploring some R&D ideas.

With the second, I’ll be back in a while to talk more about this side of things. At the moment it’s just a small test for a product idea rather than a finished or final product. Sorry I can’t say more at the moment, but there will be more details as we go.

I mostly wanted to get something on the forums in case anyone saw that cross link to a seemingly random looking site and couldn’t make heads or tails of why were linking to them :-)

Thanks guys!

849 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Rewroc says

Thank you for all the info and details Collis. :)

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi Collis, how are you?

Since you’ve mentioned that this is just a small test for a product idea rather than a finished or final product, please allow me to share some out-of-the-loop observations.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. GraphicRiver is now publicly advertising and strictly favoring an exclusive outside site/service that provides custom design work of our templates?

I can understand ThemeForest already doing this with web hosting, through Dreamhost, as it doesn’t affect community authors in any direct way, but custom-design work is a different story.

I surely understand the commercial potential behind such service, but by advertising it here, in-house, through the sales of our items, it automatically undermines and devalues any possible post-sale service a buyer might want from the author.

It is basically offering a cheaper competitor, thus forcing authors to either charge the same low price, or give up providing custom design work altogether.

At this point, I currently see no benefits whatsoever to the author community, instead, I see a new outside service trying to monopolize custom design work, through our items.

I agree, a lot of sites/services like these already do exist, and that’s fine, but intentionally advertising a competitor inside GraphicRiver is a slap in every author’s face.

Unless this is directly integrated into our items, as an additional purchase option for the buyer, where the author has first priority in customizing his own item for a reasonable price, I’m afraid it can easily provoke a community storm.

212 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Italy
+6 more
indieground says

Totally agree with Dzinc!

by
by
by
by