150 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
designsatnight says

You reject this and this but approve [link removed]?

You can’t be serious. Yes I’m mad right now. This is your site, your business, but inspiring designers to work their [removed by mod: language] off (I worked on this stuff for 2 months) and only give copy-paste feedback for works like these?

okay..

Mod’s edit: Removed link to an approved template

606 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Blog Editor
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Forum Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+9 more
Siddharth Staff says

First up, please don’t call out specific approvals.

Secondly, and even more importantly, please don’t compare your item to three year old approvals.

If you have issues with rejections, please open up a support ticket.

1960 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
mafloral says

Hey

I agree with you man, the review process has to change. The review points are way too generic and hard to go by. I am not picking on the reviewers but seriously it’s not working. I have been reading the item-discussions for a week now and i have seen the same reviews exactly for many different templates.

It’s like going to the mechanic and the mechanic gives you an answer yup your car needs work but does not point out the problem with your car. So then how do you know what to get fixed on your car without a proper answer.

I just do not understand how the review points could be so vague, is there a certain rule or guidelines that the reviewer has to check the templates or it is up to the reviewers discretion? If there is then i would not mind seeing it and read about it because it would be maybe helpful to me or other authors to see what the standards are exactly.

It’s very discouraging to authors when they put in 2-6 months of work and they get a vague review on their work. I have seen many times that a file got rejected and it was a pretty good file on the other hand seen some files that are terrible and got accepted. So this is why people get upset for getting a vague review.

Maybe the review guidelines should get revised because honestly it does not work as it should.

Also i filled out a support ticket on my last file that got rejected 2 days ago and still have not gotten an answer.

Cheers

Lester

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says

thanks for the support Lester

TF is doing this wrong. I AM willing to work on these themes even for another month if I see that they are not playing with me and respect my work. But it’s clear that I give weeks of hard quality work and they give me about 3 minutes to copy-paste some general bs.

I’d love to be an author here because I respect people who put the bar high, but I won’t beg.

ps : won’t put the link here bc of forum rules but I’ve seen really weak designs in this section with the same response word to word.

1960 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
mafloral says

Hey

Maybe we should do a petition and see what responses we get. Maybe start a thread about the review process. Not to piss people off but to better the process.

What do you think.

Cheers Lester

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says

If you do it, I can promise you that I’ll be there and put my 2 cent into the hat.

1960 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
mafloral says

ok then .

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

If we do that, they will answer us like rejected mail, because that’s secrect works, thay will dont say. :(

1152 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
iKreativ says

The reason you get a generic rejection is that there is too much wrong with an item to go into detail.

If you’re close to the standards then the email will be much more beneficial with specific “do this”, “and this”.

True designers just go back to the drawing board and create something better.

Scott

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

I agree with you, but what’s the standard?

I have a rejected theme, some (many) people like it and say “awesome”, but the reviewer say “no”, so what’s the important? peoples feeling or reviewers feeling ?

by
by
by
by
by
by