• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Alright

This would be a good system but i do not think this is being used.

All i am trying to say is that if the file is crap then say it’s crap and it will never make it to TF.

With my latest file it was not the issue, There was a styling issue with the inner content. So if you look at my template the inner content really should not have more styling and detail because of the style of the template.

Check it out and see it for your self.

Band Template

Cheers

Lester

1245 posts LoveThemes
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+1 more
LoveThemes says

@mafloral

Ok,

1. Lower the opacity of the pattern overlay, look shit and ruins the image.
  2. http://d.pr/4gpM Looks shit, title blends in with content too much. Actually make it title, maybe some Google fonts for headings? Also you’re trying to SELL a template right? Then sell it! Add some nice content, not just text->image->text->image…
  3. http://d.pr/jtnb Icons pixelated to shit, looks really poor quality, is that what this template is? Poor quality? Because thats what the end-user will think when they see stuff like this.
  4. http://d.pr/Epd9 Broken map, shitty spacing, maybe a full width map then one half form and one half details?

This help?

Scott

150 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
designsatnight says

@mafloral

Ok,

1. Lower the opacity of the pattern overlay, look shit and ruins the image.
  2. http://d.pr/4gpM Looks shit, title blends in with content too much. Actually make it title, maybe some Google fonts for headings? Also you’re trying to SELL a template right? Then sell it! Add some nice content, not just text->image->text->image…
  3. http://d.pr/jtnb Icons pixelated to shit, looks really poor quality, is that what this template is? Poor quality? Because thats what the end-user will think when they see stuff like this.
  4. http://d.pr/Epd9 Broken map, shitty spacing, maybe a full width map then one half form and one half details?

This help?

Scott

this was probably a lot more helpful that the feedback he may got :-)

2186 posts
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

OK

See, this is good and i even appreciate the [removed by mod]. Honestly all it would have been is the buttons, titles and the pattern overlay, oh and the map.

Was this hard to do and you’re not a reviewer, maybe you should be because you have some honest answer to the point.

Cheers

Lester

1245 posts LoveThemes
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
LoveThemes says

OK

See, this is good and i even appreciate the “Shit”. Honestly all it would have been is the buttons, titles and the pattern overlay, oh and the map.

Was this hard to do and you’re not a reviewer, maybe you should be because you have some honest answer to the point.

Cheers

Lester

You’d hate me as a reviewer, I’d be worse than Kailoon :D

But like I said in the other topic, not everyone can take harsh critique, and the reviewers do not want to shatter peoples dreams.

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

OK

See, this is good and i even appreciate the “Shit”. Honestly all it would have been is the buttons, titles and the pattern overlay, oh and the map.

Cheers

Lester

You’d hate me as a reviewer, I’d be worse than Kailoon :D

But like I said in the other topic, not everyone can take harsh critique, and the reviewers do not want to shatter peoples dreams.

No, I belive he dont hate you, I’m too. I’m learning from you.

Thanks

2186 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

iKreativ

I do not hate you dude and i think you helped not just me but also other people learn from your points. Don’t worry people can take criticism we deal with it all our lives and we work through them.

BTW it was not Kailoon, hehe.

Cheers

Lester

4182 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Guys, adding a * in your words doesn’t mean it’s not a curse. Please do not use profaneness on the forums and be polite to one another.

Envato Marketplaces Rules : 7. Post or solicit any kind of racism, flaming, trolling, harassment, discrimination of any kind, or behavior deemed by the Envato staff to be intentionally abusive or inappropriate will result in an immediate warning. Further violations can escalate to account freezes and bans.
119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

I agree with you, but what’s the standard? I have a rejected theme, some (many) people like it and say “awesome”, but the reviewer say “no”, so what’s the important? peoples feeling or reviewers feeling ?

Look at current approvals, that’s the standard. What are they doing better than you? What could you do better to yours?

Scott

On “other marketplace” (I can’t put link here, you can google with my information), my themes sale better than Peerapong’s themes (a popular TF author, sorry if I’m not allowed say this) but on TF, I can not. :(

1245 posts LoveThemes
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
LoveThemes says

I agree with you, but what’s the standard? I have a rejected theme, some (many) people like it and say “awesome”, but the reviewer say “no”, so what’s the important? peoples feeling or reviewers feeling ?

Look at current approvals, that’s the standard. What are they doing better than you? What could you do better to yours?

Scott
On “other marketplace” (I can’t put link here, you can google with my information), my themes sale better than Peerapong’s themes (a popular TF author, sorry if I’m not allowed say this) but on TF, I can not. :(

And? That means nothing.

by
by
by
by
by
by